We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfer from UK

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
134 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transfer from UK

Hi All,

I have booked 2 weeks for September @ GBP Akamul and I am considering booking a Private transfer after reading about the delays that I could encouter especilay after a 10 hour flight, I would like to know what companies are recommended after all I just want to hit the beach and chill........also I have been given a free Upgrade to the Golden Room and would like to know a bit more like what would be the best room to choose from and which building would I be in ..... From what I have read on here it all looks good but would just like a bit more info.

I soooooooooo cannot wait im counting down the months.........................................

Any info would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Maz.:-)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,499 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transfer from UK

There are a few reputable companies. I have use AGI Tours. dot com for years and can highly recommend them,. I'll be using them again in 2 weeks!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
134 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transfer from UK

Hi Annoncapecod,

Thanks I will look them up ...suppose I have enough time to arrange it.!!!

Have a lovely holiday :-)

Maz

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Transfer from UK

Hi maz, usa transfers is another one, or you could get your holiday company to book it for you, I travel with first choice/thomson and usually book the private transfer with them when I book the holiday, done that a few times now-it always goes smoothly, and you are right about just wanting to get to the hotel straight away after that flight!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,657 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transfer from UK

There have been a few UK posters that checked with their travel agent and was quoted an upgrade to a private transfer at a much better price thanb what you pay for someone like USA or AGI Transfers

Read back a few pages or check with your TA

Thorold
Level Contributor
786 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Transfer from UK

ask for building 66 in the golden section third floor....best building of the whole resort in my opinion and we use www.cancuntransfers.com/express/index.php

as a private transfer...takes about 10 minutes to arrange and confirm online and the driver will be standing outside the terminal with a sign with your name on it. book the VIP service and there will be a cooler filled what ever you request and you will be driven in a big shiney SUV and start your holiday looking like a rock star..all for $180 USD round trip to GBP for 4 people...not sure what the 2 person price is

Edited: 15 January 2011, 13:56
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
134 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Transfer from UK

Hola..........

Thank you everyone for your input I now have a much better idea on how I am going to arrange transport and my room, its very much appreciated no doubt I will be on this forum a few days before departure and getting loads of tips of you all .

Cheers,

Maz: -)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Transfer from UK

If your booking is with First Choice/Thompson the taxi transfer cost is £62 per taxi return trip.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
134 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Transfer from UK

Thanks GETawayPeople I have booked with First Choice so will go and enquire.......

Cheers

Maz:-)

9. Re: Private Transfer from UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 05:30