We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

I had originally posted my question in the RM forum and PDC and realized this may be the better forum...

Can someone who has stayed at this resort give me a short description of the major differences between the 3 sections (Coba, Tulum and Akumal)?

Also, do you have access to all restaurants/bars at all 3 sections regardless of which one you are staying in?

Thank you in advance!!!

Alberta
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

Tulum and Akumal are oceanfront, the Coba section is situated behind Akumal. Tulum is the oldest, then Akumal, Coba being the newest.

Each resort has access to the restaurants and bars in the other sections, except the upgraded lobbies and the bars there. Each section has them and are exclusive to their guests.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
504 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

There is a map in the Top Questions on the right of the forum.

Coba is set back from the beach. 5-10 min walk or get a tram. It is the newest. All rooms are Junior Suites.

Tulum and Akumal are close to the beach although some Akumal villas are still a walk.

Yes, the whole resort is yours to enjoy. I have drank in the Club Golden lobby without being Club Golden.

Check out the Top Questions for more info.

Edited: 19 January 2011, 22:48
Alberta
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

I have seen people drink in the Club lobbies without paying for the upgrade. I have also seen people get kicked out and it's not a pleasant experience. I suppose I'm of the opinion that if you don't pay for it, you shouldn't try to take it. But to each his own, you can always try. :)

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

Is the drink any better (branded) in the Golden lobby bars?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

I don't think that people go to the upgrade lobbies on purpose to see if they can get a drink there. I know for one that I've gone to places I wasn't suppose to be and didn't know until later. I always find that big resorts like the Bahia fall short when it comes to explaining where things are and what you are allowed to do or not do.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
504 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

We just wandered in, it was our first time at GBP and we had no idea we were in the Club lobby.

Good G&Ts.

7. Re: GBP Questions... (Akumal forum)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2012, 04:29