We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

Alberta
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

My husband and I would like to take a tour to Coba ruins and possibly ziplines. Can anyone suggest which tour package, company and cost? Can you still climb the pyramid at Coba?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

We just did the Coba tour with a company called Yucatreks (www.yucatreks.com). They use small 8-passenger vans and focus on getting away early to beat the tour buses. The trip included the ruins (which you can still climb), a gorgeous cenote, and lunch. The tour guide was very competent and friendly. We had a great time!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

check out Alltournatives. they have both the Coba tour and ziplines along with rapelling into a cenote, swimming in a cenote, visiting authentic mayan village and more. all small tour groups of 10 max.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,384 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

Jay Fletcher...Your Private Tours

You can check out his reviews on TA. Excellent man..we had an absolutely fantastic day. He'll customize your trip to what you want.

www.yourprivatetours.com

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

Hola,

I have been living in Cancun for 10 years and recently went on this Mayan Express Coba Tour...

yucatan-holidays.com/tours-and-attractions/

It was awesome! We especially liked the fact that you can climb the pyramid (you can't at Chichen Itza).

Have a great vacation!

Carleen

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

We hired a car and went DIY, it's easy to get to and takes about 75 mins from Grand Palladium. There's a zip there in the car park, but there's dozens of cenotes along the way, just a little research and you can take in more than one, or stop off in Akumal on the way back.

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

The Alltournative Mayan encounter was great! The small group was appreciated and our guide was well informed. My daughter said it was the best day of her life. They also employ local village people.

Denise

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

The Alltournative Mayan encounter was great! The small group was appreciated and our guide was well informed. My daughter said it was the best day of her life. They also employ local village people.

Denise

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

On January I was on a great trip with alltournative - Coba Mayan Encounter - 99 usd. It included Coba entrance and guide, canoing, swimming in cenote, ziplining, rapelling, lunch and Mayan purification ritual.

It was the best trip we had in Yucatan better than Chichen Itza, Tulum or Xel-ha.

You can climb the piramid but since you have limited time you have to rent bikes (35 pesos per bike) inside the site to get to Nohoch Mul quicker.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

Reference post #8, when I did the Alltournative Mayan Adventure several years ago, we were supposed to be back at the van at the time we got to the top of the pyramid. I went back on my own and enjoyed Coba far more. Read about that way here

http://tinyurl.com/26f992f

Cobble Hill, Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the Best tour to Coba Ruins? and Ziplines

I have never been to Coba but I did see a place called XPLOR. It is a never tourist attraction close to Playa del Carmen and it looks like it has lots of zip lines as well as other fun thngs. We will be checking it out next time.