We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

Just received this from the customer service manager (Felix) at the Coba:

"Regarding the dresscode please pay attention that for some of the restaurants (Don Pablo, Le Gourmet, Arlequin) you require full long paints and sleeves. While for others knee long pants are fine."

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

I don't think this is new, as far as I know this has always been the policy.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

This year was the first year for us that- ONLY- the "Gourmet" restaurants required long pants. In past years - ALL - restaurants required long pants.

3. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 13:17
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

In terms of sleeves for men is that short sleeve or long?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

I know in the past I have seen them send away gentlemen away that wore jeans.

Dress pants, long has always been in affect from what I remember for awhile.

Now in regards to sleeves, I think they are saying shirts that are like tank tops no sleeves.

I have worn golf shirts, polo shirts and shirts with short sleeves with no issues. if someone has had a different experience lately that would be good to know

Snowman :O)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

First time at the Coba but 2 years ago at the Bahia in Punta Cana I was wearing short sleeve shirts and golf shirts. As long as you have some kind of sleeve short or long and a collar the shirt will be fine. I'm wondering what "at the knee means" I think they should go with arms to your side with finger extended and the seam needs to be at the finger tips or below. It would be much easier to regulate.

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

Regarding the A La Cartes

Dress shorts are now acceptable at all restaurants except, Don Pablo, Arlequin, and Le Gourmet. Long pants are still required.

Sleeves whether short or long must be worn by the men. Tank tops are not acceptable, nor should be. imho.

This policy went into full effect last August.

Hi Snowman and also Mrs Snowman.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

Karl,

I knew I could count you to clarify the info and great to hear from you, as that makes it a little easier to plan the evenings.

Snowman :O)

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

Snowman, just saw your other post. Hope ypu guys have a great vacation again and an even better get together. Say hi to Nikki for us, let her know we will see her on April 30th.

Take care,

Karl.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New dress code for the a la carte at the Bahia

Does the code apply to kids as well. I have a 10 year old son, and I was just bringing him shorts for the whole trip. We leave on Friday. Any replies would be great! Thanks:)