We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium dress codes

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
calgary, alberta
Level Contributor
253 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium dress codes

Are jean capris (for women) accepted in the a la carte restaurants? Also are bathing suits with nice cover-ups allowed in the breakfast buffets?

Just packing suitcases now as heading out in 3 more days. Yipee!!

Thanks.....

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,567 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

Yes, you will need cover ups and footwear in the lunch/breakfast buffets.

The only place where you don't need to cover up is the beach bar.

Capris with a nice top and footwear are OK for the alc cartes. Men must wear long trousers and a shirt with sleeves.

Have fun.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

When you say 'short with sleeves' will a simple T shirt suffice or should it be a shirt with buttons?

Thanks.

B

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
854 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

Most a la cartes expect a collared shirt, however I've seen many get away with less. If you wish to avoid being turned away, I'd suggest a collared short sleeve shirt to play it safe.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

My son has worn a collared golf type shirt with long pants. They can be strict about the long pants for men - we have seen people turned away. But jeans seem acceptable.

Anything goes for women. I have seen shorts, skirts, dresses. My preference is a sundress. Capris feel too warm to me.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

What is the proper attire at the resort ?

•BEACH BARS: Swim suits and cover ups are fine.

•GRAN AZUL AND LA LAGUNA (the restaurants by the pools): Bathing suits are acceptable but must have a cover up and wear shoes/flip flops.

•ENCLOSED BUFFETS Shorts, skorts, capris, anything casual is fine. Men should not wear sleeveless shirts.

•A LA CARTES: The a la cartes require men to be in long pants (i.e. dockers) and shoes/sandals; shirt with a sleeve ( i.e. polo/tropical shirts) A collar is not required. Women may wear capris, sun dresses, shoes/sandals. Heels are not recommended, though, as they may get caught in the wooden planks on the bridges through the jungle area. Children under 12 may wear good shorts to the a la cartes.

I pulled this info off the palladium addicts site for you, hope it helps

calgary, alberta
Level Contributor
253 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

Thank you so much everyone for all the information....

Newcastle
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

Thanks everyone.

I was a bit concerned as my partner doesn't have too many collered shirts but if it's not a strict requirement he should be ok :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

We were there just a few weeks ago. Dress code is pretty lax. Nicer t-shirts (avoid big logo tshirts) with short sleeves and jeans are perfectly acceptable for men. My partner never brought nor need collar shirt. My daughter and boyfriend said the French restaurant was more fancy than all the others. If you go there, you may want clothes slightly upscale. For women, if you get too dressed up, you will likely feel out of place. Casual sun dress type clothes are the norm. Teenage girls wearing shorts and nicer tops were okay at most a la cartes.

9. Re: Grand Palladium dress codes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 05:18