We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from the bahia

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Live from the bahia

Finally arrived after much anticipation, had a fabulous welcome from thurmanhoff and the gang. Had a surprise visit from the pirate, and was made an honory Canadian, and I have only been here 24 hours!

Staying at coba, which of course excels at customer service, but I am a great believer in using the whole complex, so breakfast was at the cozumel buffet at cobs ( after seeing thurman and swmbo off to the airport- sob!) then a nice stroll down to tulum section beach to chill and try and recover from my jetlag, lunch at tulum ( food 8/20, service 8/10)

Dinner at mikado ( food 5/10- service 8/10 )

Tomorrow going to check out any changes at alkumal section, in the meantime have to sleep jetlag is kicking in!!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,029 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from the bahia

may you have a wonderful time

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
808 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from the bahia

Oh have an awesome time and keep posting :) 5 more sleeps till Grfand Xcaret :) I stayed at GBA years ago and loved it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from the bahia

Hey, have a great trip......

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from the bahia

Enjoy and keep the pasts coming, I love it. We are still 19 days to Occidental Grang Xcaret. Seems so far....I will live through your posts!

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from the bahia

We will be there tonight......can't wait....

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from the bahia

Love the "live" post mum - keep it coming! Nice "ranking" system, that helps keep it in perspective.

Let me know how/if you think the Akumal section has changed - hoping things are going well there! Four weeks from today we'll be flying in - can't wait!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from the bahia

So Mum, exactly how many margeritas fit into the Bubba Keg?

calgary alberta
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from the bahia

Congratulations on being made an honorary Canadian...."Once a Canadian,Always a Canadian".By the way, I thought it was appropriate that your induction gift was a bubba keg (but only if it was 32 oz. or larger)

Have a great time and looking forward to your version of the "live from GBP" as successor to Nockon and Thurmanhof :you have rather large shoes to fill!

Edited: 02 April 2011, 15:55
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from the bahia

canuck, rest assured it was a 52 oz. Go big or go home!!!!

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from the bahia

Another beautiful hot day, breakfast at the Cozumel, tried the fried banana, with bacon! Met the lovely Felix- now there is a man that ' goes the extra mile' Thurman gave him a hug from you as requested, and an extra one from me lol!

Strolled down to the golden section at Akumal, glad to see that they have drlevoped the beach in front of villa 66, lots of loungers and palapas plus they have sandbagged to make a small bay for paddling, I set up camp there for the day, super location, not crowded, easy access to the water ( lots of fish)and close to the snack bar, plus they have put a small bar at the end of the beach-perfect!!

Went for a swim and bumped into nicky, had a long chat and laugh about the gaudy shirt comp- thurman, were your ears burning Lol!

Back to cobs to try and track down daisyday from TA who arrived yesterday, but no luck yet, in the meantime sampled a margarita or two: )

Gotta go to le gourmet now - marking to follow for you simp!

Strolled down to the golden section at Akumal, pleased to see that they have developed the beach over by villa 66, lots of loungers and palapas plus sandbagged to make a bay for paddling