We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium - air conditioned bars and public areas??

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium - air conditioned bars and public areas??

I have booked to go to GPK in early October. I can see by the website that the speciality restaurants and a couple of the bars have a/c. what about the bars and other public areas?

I staying at the Iberostar Tucan two years ago and there was no a/c anywhere but the rooms. I found that it was too hot to enjoy a drink before dinner or dinner itself.

I do appreciate that hotels are actively trying to reduce the use of a/c and many hotels in the Cancun area do not have a/c

thanks in advance for your assistance

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
7,005 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Layton, Utah
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium - air conditioned bars and public areas??

The main public areas are not A/C'ed, but they are designed as "breezeways" so they stay cool.

The buffets, ala cartes, the sports bar and a few of the small bars (such as Hemingways and that stinky cigar bar) are all A/C'ed.

We've been there 3 times and totally enjoyed our trips!

V'Crawlers

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium - air conditioned bars and public areas??

We stayed at the GP last August. The resort was very nice overall, but one of my issues with the resort was the a/c. They had a/c in the restaurants, but it was still uncomfortable, and add to that their ridiculous rule that you must wear long pants to the restaurants and it was very uncomfortable.

I agree that the main lobbies are comfortable without a/c.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,396 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium - air conditioned bars and public areas??

As was said, all ala cartes and the bars in the ala cartes are AC. The two bars off the Kantenah lobby, i.e. Hemingways (smoke free) and Churchills (smoking) are AC. The interior buffets are AC. The two buffets above the main pool are open air but the food area is AC. If I recall, the dress code for men was relaxed a bit last summer but was enforced when I was there in Feb & March.

4. Re: Grand Palladium - air conditioned bars and public areas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 01:15