We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange review of Palladium WS

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Strange review of Palladium WS

Just saw a new review of the White Sands where someone said that you had to have a reservation in the restaurants by 1PM or you wouldn't get in till 10 PM. On our last trip there were no reservations, has it changed or is this a bogus review? OP said there were there 3 years ago but this is their only post.

1. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 22:21
Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

We just returned from the Kantenah section, stayed with a VIP status / gold bracelet earned through multiple stays and were also told that reservations had to be made by 1:00. So perhaps they were indeed in the WS section, but had VIP status for whatever reason. Then again, it could very well be a bogus review.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

So the policy is now booking by 1:00pm? Does anyone know if this is on a daily basis or how many days in advance? Also, how early each day can you book and does it apply to all the restaurants?

Thanks!!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,526 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

I'm double checking and will let you know. This was not the case when I was there in March.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,526 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

Just confirmed the fllowing wth management for those guests who have reservation privileges and for all who want to book Punta Emilia and/or BBQ

"The reservation for the a la carte restaurant for the same day should be done before 1:30 PM, the guest can do the reservation when they want but for the same day before 1:30 PM, we close the desk at that time for lunch and we open again at 2:30 PM the guest can make reservation but not for the same day, after 2:30 they can make the reservation for the next days.

For the BBQ and Punta Emilia the guest can make the reservations from one day before until the same day before 1:30PM.

Hope this information can help you."

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

Thanks Ann for following up. But for clarification, if you are not a royal or vip guest with reservation privileges, you don't need a reservation, correct? Last fall we stayed at WS and went every night (without a reservation) at 6 and never had to wait. I actually liked the no reservation policy, you are not tied down to a specific time or restaurant.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
604 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

I stayed in the royal and also I am a club member and was told I had to have my reservations for that day in by 1:00 pm (day of).

We saw people come in the same time as us who did not have reservations and had no problems getting seated. Hardly any wait time at all.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

If you are not a Royal guest or do not have a VIP gold bracelet, you would not have any reservation privileges.

To be seated upon arrival at any of the a la cartes, I would suggest you arrive when they first open, around 6-6:30pm

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

Hi there, we were there this past March.

Certain folks get reservation priviledges - sometimes it is just a matter of with whom you book through - for example, for us Canadians, if you book your vacation with Air Transat, you get reservation priviledges.

This past March we found a big difference with getting into the a la cartes (you can read my review). Last year we could show up as late as 7:00 and still get seated immediately. This year, you really had to arrive right at 6:00 (if not before) and if you showed up as late as 7:00 you would be looking at a 2 hour wait !!! Now, maybe March is busier than other times...They also took your room key to secure the reservation to prevent folks from double or tripple reserving restaurants (a trick to get whichever restaurant beeps you first). We also found getting a table for more than 4 people was a real hassle, and as a result, even though we were down there with friends, we took to eating dinner seperately.

Piedmont, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
213 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Strange review of Palladium WS

We just returned from the Kantenah last week, and there are no reservations needed for the ala cartes. We were seated immediately every evening.

The only things you would need a reservation for are: The Friday beach BBQ (make them thursday morning), for the Punta Emilia restaurant, and for the show cooking at the Japanese restaurant.