We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Room service????

Harrisbug, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
GBP Room service????

I can't remember if GBP has room service or not?? Can somebody tell me?? I am guessing not, just because of the size of the resort. My teenage daughter will be with us and she doesn't always like to get up for breakfast. Oh well, if not, we will just bring her something back.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Room service????

We have not been in a couple of years. Did go 3 times previous though. The room service was mediocre. Consisted of what was available at the snack bar. Grilled Burgers/chicken fingers type stuff. May have changed by now.

But my guess would be you are going to have to bring her something back like you mentioned.

Edited: 07 July 2011, 20:04
Coventry
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Room service????

Hi, I never saw any room service but there are 24 hour snack bars.

Ange

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Room service????

no room service

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,142 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Room service????

You used to get room service with a Golden package upgrade

(which really was a tram driver going to the 24 hour snack bar , picking up what they had to offer and deliver it to you 30-60 minutes)

We decided to walk to the 24 hour snack bar for quicker service

One recent poster said room service was discontinued

So I wouldn't count on this - remember this is not a 5 star hotel

Edited: 08 July 2011, 02:41
vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Room service????

Breakfast goes till at least 10:00 , Sunrise is around 6:00 in the Winter , and Sunset around 6:00 pm . If you sleep in long enough to miss breakfast , you are also missing out on 30% of the sunny day. The food at 7 is hot , fresh , and plentiful. Not so great at 9:30. Set the clock on her iphone ahead a couple of hours.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,142 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Room service????

If you sleep in long enough to miss breakfast , you are also missing out on 30% of the sunny day.

sounds like someone doesn't have teenages kids (smile)

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP Room service????

Because of the time difference, we start the holiday seeing the sun rise in the morning, and by the end of the 2 weeks we are waking with just enough time to rush down for the last scrappings of breakfast. :D

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP Room service????

We were there a few months ago, and they were offering a time-share program at GBP-T, which the said included room service to the two buildings (I think it was #3 & #4). Other than that, we did not see or hear of any.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
315 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP Room service????

Room service is included in the privilege package. Had the golden upgrade but never saw or needed room service while we were there.

10. Re: GBP Room service????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 22:16