We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium Kantenah and Colonial

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
854 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Palladium Kantenah and Colonial

What exactly are the differences? I know the Colonial is more central but we dont mind walking. The rooms are identical right?

Is it more jungley at Kantenah? Are the walkways and bridges nicer at one or the other? We are booked at Kantenah but now am waivering about it. Thanks for your opinions and comparisons !

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium Kantenah and Colonial

Colonial is more central. Kantenah is more jungly but closer to the best beach (IMHO). I really doesn't matter as you have access to all four resorts. Kantenah is just a little farther out but I love it there.

I have been to this resot 15x- both sides are great and love the Royal amenities also.

Texas
Level Contributor
854 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium Kantenah and Colonial

By saying that Kantenah is more jungley does that mean more chance of getting eaten alive by mosquitoes? Is the vegetation not as lush at Colonial?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palladium Kantenah and Colonial

During our stay at the Kantenah oct 10 we had no issues with Mozzies at the Kantenah, got bit every time we went over to white sands and riviera think there were Mozzies by the lake. Nothing real bad though.

Mozzies will depend on rail fall during your trip. Fingers crossed sept will be Mozzie free again when we return.

4. Re: Palladium Kantenah and Colonial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 14:15