We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
779 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

We have been to GBP 5 Times now (Tulum, Coba x2 & Akumal x2) and now want a change of resort in the same area and of a large size like GBP.

We are looking at the paladium kantenah and was wondering if anyone has been to both resorts and how'd they compare.

Thanks for any views in advance.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

This is one of those questions where you will get number of different answers.

My suggestion is to look down the list or do a search of the board and you will find quite a few comparisons.

You will read my assessment of both in another post.

Happy reading and yes I do recommend the Palladium over the Bahia for what is important to us.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

I will send you a comparison link. I have recently read many BPO guests comments who are coming back unhappy with tchanges at the BP. Palladium has a much better beach, unlimited ala cartes just for two areas of pluses.

3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2016, 11:12
Chicago
Level Contributor
236 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

We have been to booth and I definitely like the Grand Palladium way better than Grand Bahia Principe.

I would recommend the Palladium over the Bahia without a doubt.

Have a good vacation!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

Been to both, like them both.... if i had to choose one over the other, the Palladium would win out... to throw a wrench into the plans, have you checked out the Barcelo? A very large resort made up of 5.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
779 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

Hmmmmm The Barcelo, i always thought this was a small resort, dont know why????

Will have a look at that aswell, i love the variety a massive resort brings and i love Mexico as theres so much to do off resort aswell and i dont mean your basic organised trips, you can go exploring on your own !!

Love It.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

Barcelo is made up of 5 resorts. Its really only one HUGE resort but each section has its own lobby. There is apparently a rule about how large a resort can be (based on number of rooms) so it is classified as 5.

The oldest part is the Beach/Caribe. No air conditioned buffets for these.

Then came the Colonial/Tropical. Has air conditioned buffets. Can use the open air buffets and ala cartes of the B/C.

Then they built the upscale portion called the Palace. Own pools, bars buffets and ala cartes with access to all of the resorts.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
779 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

Well Steve thats thrown a spanner n the works as ive just had a look at the Barcelo Palace section and it looks amazing.

Oh what to do !!!!????

I guess somemore research is on the cards Barcelo V Paladium now.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

We have been to both, and love the Palladium. Now if that resort would have a sale like the Gran Bahia does, we would be going there and not GBP.

The beach at Palladium is far better, not as rough. And unlimited Al A Cartes is nice.

Have a great time planning and during the vacation.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe V Grand Palladium

The Bahia has captive dolphins in a small pool on their grounds. Does the Palladium support the same practices? I really have no idea but would think that ethically its worth consideration in the decision making process of who is going to get my vacation dollar.