We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Tulum - recent returners

Shropshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Tulum - recent returners

Hi

Whoopee, only 10 more sleeps.

We're leaving on the 30th for two weeks and staying at the GBP Tulum Hacienda . I've got some general questions and some more specific questions to the hacienda section.

1. How much is the exit tax?

2. How much is the safe in the room?

3. Which block of rooms is best in the Hacienda section for a (preferably) sea view (or garden view) but which is also quiet.

4. Which a la cartes are best.

Thanks for any help.

X

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Tulum - recent returners

I am not a recent reviewer, but have been 3 times. (sept 08, Nov 09 and Nov 10) Since no one has answered the questions, I will give you my take.

We have stayed in the Hacienda section 3 times (the first time we were in Villa 3 and then 332 in a Jr Suite). The other two times in villas 33 and 37. The safe was 50 pesos a night - though is included in some packages.

Exit tax - from North America it is included in our packages, so not sure.

Ask for a 3rd floor room for a view (no elevators though), there is a lot of vegetation so sometimes it is hard to see the ocean. Both 33 and 37 had partial views from the top floor but neither is known as a preferred location. Villa 33 is very close to the buffet but we never found it noisy. I think 46 is often recommended for it's view.

Our favourite a la cartes are the gourmet ones - Don Pablo in Tulum, Arlequin in Akumal and Le Gourmet in Coba. We also enjoy Gran Tortuga (the Brazilian) and the Tequila (the Mexican). Frutos del Mar in Akumal is good and has a lovely view if you book an early meal. We have only had bad service once and the meals have always been nice (we have been to 20 or more a la carte meals in our three trips).

Have a good trip.

Shropshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Tulum - recent returners

Thanks Jacalope for being the only one that bothered to answer!!

Your recommedations re: restaurants were more or less the same as other reviews.

I'm just about to email the hotel with our bookings and hopefully they'll be able to give us what we want.

Once agan, thanks ever so much.

X

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Tulum - recent returners

Can only answer about the exit tax.....it was 700 peso's a few weeks ago. Did have a safe but can't remember the cost. Our family was in the same block as us, so we were able to let them share ours, so the expense was minimal.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Tulum - recent returners

No problem shrop, I only hesitated and didn't answer earlier because I thought you specifically wanted someone who had recently returned - it has been 8 months since we have been.

Ippwrth - we also shared a safety deposit box when travelling with family. It works well.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,503 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Tulum - recent returners

The safe is 50 pesos per day unless they waive it (usually because of who you book with)

Shropshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Tulum - recent returners

Thanks Ippworth

We'll soon find out 'cos there's only a few nights to go!!!! Whoopee.

Thanks again

7. Re: GBP Tulum - recent returners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 23:19