We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

I think I have it narrowed down to the Grand Riviera Princess, Bahia Principe Coba, and Grand Palladium Kantenah?? Any input would help. Coba is the cheapest.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

Have a look at what the hotels offer which best fits your needs, im not familiar with what some of the hotels have but the Grand Palladium Kantenah has unlimited a la cartes, if this is important to you then you may find that hotel more appropriate to your needs??

Are you travelling as a family, kids etc, check out what they all offer to make the holiday the most compatabile for everyone in your party. Have you read the reviews, this might give you a better understanding too

Happy choosing!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

My vote goes to the Grand Palladium Kantenah. Check out my review any specific questions please ask.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

I've been to the Palladium 15x so it's no secret where my vote goes! As was mentioned, the guests at any Palladium (four resorts) have access to all amenities at all four resorts including unlimited ala cartes without reservations. (Except exclusive Royal area) The Palladium also wins on the beach category from your choices. The Palladium is a very large, beautiful resort complex carved out of a jungle. Much of the jungle was left in tact and there is lots of flora and fauna. Guests at all four resorts have access to:

◦Nine ulimited a la cartes

◦Five buffets

◦26 bars

◦Two theaters

◦new spa

◦state-of-the-art gym

◦discothéque

◦sports bar

◦athletic field

◦tennis courts

◦10 pools

◦kids club (ages 1-12)

◦shops

◦Internet (for a fee) in all rooms

◦Free WiFi in all lobbies

◦Black & White Club (ages 13-19)

Let me know if I can answer any further questions.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

I am actually leaning towards the Kantenah. It is 1100$ more for 2 weeks than the coba. I guess I am looking for a great beach for snorkeling and pools that will keep them amused. Kids clubs have never interested the boys much so that is no big deal. Thanks for the replies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

The whole Grand Palladium has great beaches, with the Kantenah part of the resort located on the best part.

The unlimited al a carte resturants is such a bonus which the GBP Coba doesn't have. I am sure the GBP has many plus points. But you for sure won't be

disappointed with Grand Palladium, our next trip is planned in just under 5wks.

Check out Pallidum Addicts site and Unofficial Palladium sites for exta info.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

We have been to GP Kantenah and the GBP, and the resorts are about the same, but if you are looking for a great beach then I have to say that Palladium wins on that acct.

If you are looking for great snorkeling then do a day trip to Akumal beach. It is fantastic. More info. on the right side of page under frequentlay asked questions.

We like the GBP also. Nothing bad to say about it, and we are heading back there this Novemeber.

Have a great holiday at whatever resort you choose

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

been to gp,gbp,serenis. GP by far the best then serenis service far better than gbp. beach amazing at GP.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

I was at the Palladium Kantenah in Feb & March. My friends are avid snorkelers and said that the snorkeling off Kantenah (deep near the ropes) has never been better. They did not feel the need to leave the resort to snorkel. We have gone to Akumal to snorkel with the turtles which was fun although some have seen turtles at the Palladium.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

I love the Bahia , but I love to snorkel , and there is no good snorkeling there. Chemuyil bay ( 5 min walk ) is OK. I also love to save money , so , it the price was close I would go to the GP. If I can save $1000 , I'll stick with the bahia.

calgary alberta
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help deciding.Never been to Mexico.

I can't really give any personal experience comparisons as I've only been to GBP Coba. I'd suggest you read through the Trip Advisorreviews in detail for each location you are interested in and decide which location best suits all of YOUR priorities. If the best snorkelling and the best beach are your only priorities then GBP is probably not what you are looking for.The GBP has some snorkelling and some nice beaches which we were very content with.

For myself after doing my research I had decided that the GP and GBP both would satisfy MY wishes and the cost difference made up mind.

By the way, I answered your questions you posted on the GBP Coba thread.