We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about BE LIVE

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
near Chicago
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Question about BE LIVE

I like resorts where you can walk the beach for a long way. I like smaller resorts. I love to be able to snorkel right off shore. I can adjust to a 3 star resort as well as a 5 star resort.

It seems to me that Be Live in Akumal fits the description above. However, we will be going in March and I need to know if this is the type of resort that gets a lot of spring break people.

Any other info would be appreciated.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about BE LIVE

Hey Max...do you mean Spring break as in Paryters or as in families??

The partyiers are more in PDC and Cancun typically....but this would be more geared towards a family on their spring break yes.

Good luck w/ your research...if you love a great beach..smaller property and are going with Adults...a great choice for your group would be The CAtalonia Royal Tulum. Very nice property...Happy Planning.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about BE LIVE

I can't comment on Be live specifically but I think there are so many resorts south of PDC that none of them really get " too many " spring breakers and those that might would be much closer to PDC . We were on Akumal beach last March and Christmas and while it was definitely busy and more crowded I didn't think it was too crowded or rowdy at all . Down at Be live I'm sure it would be fine . Your requirements also descibe ABR pretty well . Cheers

near Chicago
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about BE LIVE

Michiganmary,

I did mean the young party spring break group and not the family groups of spring breakers. I'm not so much into drunks puking in the pool and that kind of stuff. I would love to go to CRT however, it prices a lot higher for the dates that I want to vacation than Be Live..........and I mean like around $800 more.

Juanrojo,

We will be taking our third trip to ABR in November of this year. I would like something different for March.

Thanks for the replies.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about BE LIVE

Hey good luck w/ your research...we have done the Grand Palladium Colonial/Kanenah...as well as the Barcelo Beach Caribe...I know you are looking for a "smaller property" but these were nice and if you only stuck to these areas it really wasn't overwhelming and the beaches here were really good...lots of areas to "escape" to also if you wanted some alone time. Keep an eye on these two places as they sometimes sneak a great deal in there but they go quickly.

Good luck w/ your planning! Cheers!

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about BE LIVE

btw...trying to convince my other half to try out BE LIVE this December...he's still on the border on this one. Will let you know if we do decide to go here.

6. Re: Question about BE LIVE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 16:18