We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

Hello.. first time to this resort and we are taking our two young adult daughters.It is their first trip to tropics.. any help would be appreciated.

1) I heard the Michael Jackson show is a must to see, but I have heard it only shows on Tuesday nights at Tulum.. is this true?

2)If you court pick your top a la Carts which ones would they be? I heard that Don Pablos is great

3) I heard you could actually snorkle on the beach of Tulum and see Turtles.. is this true? is Tulum beach a good beach to snorkle

4) I also heard that the La Fiesta Mexicana is a Mexican party at night.. does anyone know what night this is held on???

thank to all that provide help with this matter.. truly appreciate it.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
99 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

I have travelled to riviera four times and each time learned something new. Don Pablo, Arlequin and Le Gourmet were my favourites closely followed by the Mikado show table and the seafood. Hope you enjoy your trip. Please use the collectivos outside the hotel and please do Akumal beach and swim with the turtles. Playa is a really vibrant place and worth a visit but my advice for eating there is to go a few blocks back and taste some authentic mexican fayre, its awesome.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

please note the Bahia resort is on the Adventuras Akumal bay and has named their portions of beaches to be Akumal, Tulum and Coba

The actual Tulum beach is many km south of Bahia and has miles on wonderful beach and big surf (by the Tululm Ruins) - no snorkeling / turtles

Akumal Bay (where the turtles are) are 10 kms north

More info on restaurants , snorkeling and turtles over to your left under TOP QUESTIONS

Fiesta night is on Thursday evenings - costs about $10

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

At the Tulum end of the resort, yes you can snorkle. You must be a very good swimmer to get to the reef, and I mean good - and wear a snorkle vest. I didn't attempt this, others were fine. If you don't swim like a fish, you keep going down the beach, away from Bahia the water gets calm and you can snorkle. Not great, but it's there, so why not! Otherwise, Akumal bay is good, or Halfmoon bay.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

Hi

We returned just over a week ago and the Michael Jackson show was on the Friday evening but the whole weeks shows are advertised in the hallway down from the lobby area to the main buffet so would be worth checking there when you arrive just in case of a schedule change.

The Fiesta night is at the Hacienda on Thursday night as mentioned and tickets were $15 or $17 depending on where you get them!

Our favourite restaurants were the Don Pablo and the Gran Tortuga.

Have a great time.

Becs :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

Don Pablo is fantastic as was Gran Tortuga. I think you will have a great meal at any of the restaurants but those did stand out.

Michael Jackson show is good - just check the entertainment board for show times which you will see on your way to the main buffet just off the lobby

You could snorkle off the beach and see some fish, the akumal beach area is best for this - close to the pier. I didn't make it to Akumal but it is supposed to be the best option. Just take the colectivo for a few peso and get there on your own (it is totally safe)

The fiesta was OK, I think it was about $15 each.

6. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum--going at Christmas.. few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 08:18