We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

We stayed in villa 47 Kantanah last year and felt it was nice and quiet (which we liked), but a bit too far from everything.

We've booked a standard room at the Colonial and I'm looking for something quiet, but close to the lobby bar and the adult pool. Wouldn't want to look out on a path or the WS. I'm considering asking for villa 6 overlooking the adult pool. Would that suit us? Also, can you actually see the pool or are there trees in the way?

I'm also hoping for an upgrade, so if we were to get one, should I ask for villa 21? How's this one for noise levels and location?

Thank you.

Alberta
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

We have stayed in villa 5 and 21, both are quiet locations. We could not see the adult pool from villa 5, so would assume 6 would be similar. If upgraded either villas 20 or 21 are fantastic locations. Enjoy !

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

I have been to the resort 15 x and have stayed on Co & K. You would want a room facing the ocean as opposed to facing the road. The most central location is 6 or 7. As a repeat guest you may request an upgrade if available. (no garantees) We love 20 & 21

Edited: 28 September 2011, 00:10
Texas
Level Contributor
879 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

annoncapecod, when you say you may request an upgrade do you actually ask for one when you send in room request? Thats a bit cheeky lol

Should i say i want 46 or 47 but a complimantary upgrade would be nice to 49 in Kantenah? Ive already sent in my request but didnt mention upgrade.....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

Thank you guys. Yes, I'm planning to ask for upgrade when I send my request. I actually have my request (and reply) from last year, so I'll just attach that to my new email.

Can't wait!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

@BritishTexas - we stayed in 47 Kantenah last year. Godd location, quiet, but felt too far. Would have stayed closer to the lobby if I had the choice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

Just back today :0( this time we had Colonial villa 20. Which was a upgrade as we had booked a standard room on Kantenah, got upgrade due to being repeat guests.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

Glad to hear that you got an upgrade. Also hoping to get it as we're repeat guests.

9 more days for us!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

I usually suggest people say " I would like to request building #x in a (3)rd floor with a king bed but as a (#) repeat guest, if it is at all possible that an upgrade is available that would be wonderful." Something like that.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

Get away,

20 is a wonderful location. If you do a trip report would you send me a copy. Love trip reports.

Gracias.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What villa to ask for? Grand Palladium Colonial

Sent in my request, asked for anything from 6 upwards. Got a lovely reply. We'll see what happened when we get there. Will keep you posted.