We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Live Grand Riviera Maya

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Be Live Grand Riviera Maya

We are considering going to the Be Live Grand Riviera Maya for 1 or 2 weeks in November/December and have a few questions.

1. Are there any Evening "Shows" or live music/bands.

2. Is 2 weeks too long for a smaller resort? Does the choice of food become tiresome. We have previously been to the Bahia Principe & Grand Sirenis.

3. What water activities are currently available (ie kayaks, sailboats, pedal boats etc)

4. Any other tips from travelers that have been there recently that may help us choose.

Thanks!!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Be Live Grand Riviera Maya

We only stayed one night at BLGRM last April (home base was BLVB in Cancun).

The resort was good, the beach was FANTASTIC!

1. I do not believe there are any evening shows, just an upstairs bar that was very quiet at night.

2. If it were me, I would stay one week at one resort then another at a different resort. I would leave BLGRM as your second resort since it is SO relaxed.

3. They had snorkles available and I think they had kayaks somewhere. If you like to snorkle, I suggest bringing your own. For both convenience and cost.

4. BLGRM is a smaller resort, relative to Bahia and many of the other nearby hotels...we like that. It was also VERY relaxing, which we enjoy for one or two days, but then we want to go and do. It is a short 3 block walk down the driveway to meet the collectivo which will take you to Akumal (5 mins) for 20pesos. We had a car so with the direction and information from TA we visited Coba (neat!), Gran Cenote (incredible!), Akumal (Turtle rush hour in the am!) and Selvatica (wow!). We rent a car every visit, which is MUCH more cost effective than hotel transport and provides us with unlimited flexibility.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Be Live Grand Riviera Maya

We just got back on the 26th. They have a Fire Show one night up at Cafe Del Mar on the roof, very nice, and one night they have a Caribbean Dance Show and thats about it. They also have Karaoke one night and a guest participation event one night. There is a DJ up at Cafe Del Mar one night. Overall nothing to brag about.

The snorkling equipment is FREE. The snorkling is awesome, you'll love it

They did not have kayaks when we were there.

We stayed for 10 days. I would stay one week here and one week somewhere else. The food gets boring after a while. They do have 6 places to eat, but they do not have menus. They give you 2 or 3 choices of meat entree.

We loved this resort for the BEACH . It was not the least bit crowded, no lines at all. If you go for the beach and relaxation,it will be perfect. If you go for activites, shows, excitement----------go somewhere else

3. Re: Be Live Grand Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:18