We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newfoundland
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

hi there we just returned from this area of mexico last nite ...i would like to personally like to thank

1. all of the staff...we give it 5*****

2. the gang at the dive shop especially carlos and our dive master "nemo" many thanks for your patience with me for making it an absolutely incredible time!!!

3. Felix...many thanks for pre aranging ala cartes and giving us an incredible room location ...over looking the quiet pool

we will be back for sure

missing it allready

stewartNewfoundland

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

Any recommended dives? We're heading to GBPA for a week Dec 2 and I'm hoping to get a few dives in.

Utah
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

Hi. I do have a couple of questions for you....

1) Their website says there is a charge for "premium" drinks. Do you know anything about this? What is considered premium? The cost? Do you know if they serve Crown Royal?

2) Do you think its worth $70 (week) for the Club Golden upgrade?

Thanks a ton!!!

newfoundland
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

mikev...i only scuba dove once..my first being on this trip...i would contact the dive shop directly for more info....

newfoundland
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

JJ_605...

we travelled with air canada vacations and we didnotice that we allready had what others were getting for being golden...could never really figure out the whole thing...lol..

as far as premium drinks are concerned ...there was no extra charge for this at all ...i'm a scotch drinker and they had J & B on the shelf...all i had to do was ask and no problemo...they have bailys as well and folks we met from Nova Scotia were drinking Spanish coffees etc...

and yes i did see Crown Royal

we were spending our evenings at the "Premier Club" bar and it was a nice spot to sit out doors and talk and well as enjoy a whiskey or two...we even used thier computers at the Premier Club lobby with no problems...

go and have an excellent holiday

hope this helps???

stewartNewfoundland

north bay ontario
Level Contributor
208 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

We are also travelling with Air Canada Vacations. What was you room like and what villa were you in. How far is the walk to the beach? Are Air Canada guests able to use the premier club facilities and where was it located. How was the beach? What was your favorite restaurants and did they have air conditioning. How long was the transfer from airport to resort and how far ahead was your pick up prior to your flight.

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

I came back 2 weeks ago from the Coba and we were in villa 25, overlooking the quiet pool in room 32526. We found it to be the perfect villa and perfect room as we overlooked the quiet pool and were a short walk to the buffet - but far enough away from the noise. We walked to the beach once and it took us 10 minutes, so we would wait outside the villa for the shuttle and just take that. Premier club isn't too far away from the main lobby, if you have a chance to look at the maps they have posted on here, that may help you out. It was a short walk around the quiet pool past the mediterian resteraunt for us to the Premier lobby. Beach was fantastic - snorkeling is a MUST. The bartender Jose is fantastic on the Coba beach- hidden fact, he keeps clamato juice hidden for people who ask :) Best resteraunts in my opinion were Mikado, Don Pablo's and Le Gourmet - but I had an excellent rib-eye at Mediteranian and I am picky with steak as I am an Albertan girl. Air conditioning was on, we never were overheated in the a la cartes. Transfer was approx an hour and 20 minutes to the hotel and the pick up was 4 hours before the flight. We left the resort at 9 am and our plane left a 1:25. SORRY to jump in on this conversation but I LOVED the Coba and thought I could offer some help! :)

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

lcboycko ..now you tell me about the clamato??? We were in villa 22 and i also thought it was the perfect location. But Felix did tell us that 22 only had double beds. The snorkelling at the beach was great, kept my boys busy for 2 weeks. My favorite restaurants were the Arlequin, Le Gourmet and Dolce Vita.

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

hahaha I didn't find out till after I met you on the collectivo! I should of posted it here. Next time I will be able to have my caesars the whole trip!

newfoundland
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

doodlejb...

1. room was BIG...tons of room for two

2. beach is about ten minute walk...we used the trolleys to go over to "COBA BEACH"...

3. we used the premier lounge ...no problem

4. we used the beaches in the mornings ...pool in afternoons....great snorkeling out near the "whales" and just out near the roped off areas....try yakul lagoon for beginner snorkelers...simply amazing.

gotta go ...hope this helps

stewartNewfoundland

ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gran bahia principe coba...just got back...any ????

Premier lounge is connected to the "Daquiri Bar" (one and the same building) Anyone can utilize this Bar. The Daquiri Bar has Nightly live entertainment from approx 8 - 11.