We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wetsuits?

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wetsuits?

Do you recommend bringing a wetsuit for snorkeling? I will be arriving in two weeks and not sure about the water temp this time of year. Thanks!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wetsuits?

In the ocean not necessary, but probably good for cenotes which are a lot cooler. Although the wetsuit does offer excellent sunscreen for the ocean.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,225 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wetsuits?

Ditto to Thurman's post above...the ocean was lovely and warm but the cenote was pretty chilly and I wish I'd had one. Have fun..maybe check out Dos Ojos..it's was a great place! :-)

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wetsuits?

I will be there in a couple weeks as well and have kids. Can I get away with underarmor for sunscreen protection and some warmth. I'm trying to find cheaper alternatives to buying a wet suits, plus I have kids...thanks for posting:-D

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wetsuits?

people barely use their wetsuit and kids specially.

i bought used form ebay.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wetsuits?

We wear long-sleeved rashguards, which help with warmth, protect from sunburn and protect from scratches from our snorkel vests. I highly recommend them as they are light-weight and easy to transport. Of course these are for upper body only so legs are still bare.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wetsuits?

Thank you!! I will check that out!

7. Re: Wetsuits?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:42