We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis

Yeay!!! We are booked for Jan.2. I was thinking I will phone in a week and request my particulars. Then my daughter said, that's now! Oh ok so I better ask the knowledgables; any good suggestions?

I will be at the Mayan Beach side, i booked online and it was a bit cheaper than the other side so I just went with that.

I usually ask for a high floor. Do they go to 3rd or 4th floor? I like it nice and quiet, I am a light sleeper so that is so important to me.

So anything else? Oh and please pm me for their email address and let me know who I should attention it too maybe. ??

Thank you so much.

Michele and family.

(3 of us)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,417 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis

Read back a few pages for other posts from members who have just been or are there now (e.g. Shermie)

Also read up over in Top Questions for other hints and email addresses

I believe there is only 3 floors to the buildings

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis

ok, I will. I have a weird question for you. which building has the jungle view? We love Jungle. Just worried I'm going to end up with a parking lot view. ha ha

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis

I just read a bunch of info from other people asking Similar questions about the room. But I think my question is a little different. Jungle view? I will probably get it since EVERY one else wants an ocean view. hehe But which building has a jungle view in the Mayan Beach side?? Hard to tell looking at the map.

Thank you again!

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sirenis

maybe I should just ask for a top floor and see where they put me. We don't mind walking.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sirenis

facing the ocean or facing the "jungle" depends on which side of the "hallway" your room is on in most cases.

All the rooms are pretty nice, and very similar, and even the lowest level has some view and its balcony is not ground level but about 4-5 feet above.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sirenis

The last place we stayed, The Pallium Vallarta, we were on the second floor and heard everything from the people above us. We had to upgrade to move so I think I'll just email tomorrow and ask if we could have the top floor, doesn't matter where or which building then cause it doesn't matter if I'm facing the ocean or not. Just don't want loud, and I don't think there is anything loud on the Mayan Beach side anyway. Right?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sirenis

hi we are here now we are in the second naab building ocean front because it is more quiet the building around the activity pool are noicey if you aare facing thqt way..if you are staing in the mayan side..i would ask for a building furthest from the beach then u wont get the noise from the pools..all the back side are oecean veiw, i sent to e - mails to the resort before we left and got no responce...and not what i asked for when we got here....hope this helpss

connie

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Sirenis

A lot of "loud" depends on which other travelers happen to be in your building.

We were on first level in BLDG 18, another of our group had Bldg 17 top floor. She had more LOUD than we did because of the neighbors she had.

We never heard a sound from above us.

We were also not too far from the Riv side pool, and the only thing you heard was some of the music and activity announcements in the late afternoon. Most of the day we were at the beach, and the pools close early enough that there's no pool noise after dark.

If you're very sensitive to any sounds after dark, stay away from the theater area, but that is quite a hike from the Mayan side. Of course sounds do travel, so you still might hear something from your balcony if you are back in your room earlier than when the show ends.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Sirenis

I like loud at night just hate getting woken at like 6:00 AM. :)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Sirenis

Well it's pretty quiet all around the resort till at least 8, or even later. Just folks having breakfast, heading to the beach. And a lot still sleeping in, especially if they were the "loud" ones partying on past midnight the day before. :-)

You should have a good time, wouldn't worry much over the room location.

Know that it may be quite cold in the evenings, have some cardigans, hoodies, wraps... and the pool water could be too cold (this all depends on the weather, it was VERY cold January 2010, not so much in 2011).

The ocean water and the lazy river warm up first.

Even when the water's too cold, there's plenty of nice sunshine and its very comfy sitting on the beach most days.

If you can, hang out by the beach bar area, they have bbq of all kinds most days around lunch, and they also do cooking demonstrations a couple times a week.

But if you end up further down the beach, the waitresses will be coming by taking drink orders.

Being on the beach in January instead of in the cold north is the BEST!

Enjoy your trip, Michele