We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding

Save Topic
Wedding

Getting married in gran Bahia principe akumal dec 2012, anybody with info on weddings or going at same time would love to hear from you

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,047 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding

My son was married there last Nov

Make sure you get the reception video taped

Had out reception at Frutos del mar - excellent time

Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding

Thankyou for your mgs any more info is appreciated. Could you tell us if pools are warm that time of year? Do you tip in dollars or peso?

Thanks

Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding

Hi

We are going to the GBP on 25th Dec & are getting married in Jan 2013.

Have you chosen your wedding reception venue yet or if your getting married on the beach or the gazebo/

I am like you and have lots of questions & help on deciding just what to do

Good Luck

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
69 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding

Congrats upcoming brides! If you haven't already you should check out www.bestdestinationwedding.com the website has tons of great info on the Gran Bahia with pictures of set ups and past bride reviews.

The website was life saver when I was planning my wedding at the Grand Sirenis.

Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding

Thankyou for that as Ive been trying to find info on the Internet but not really found much.

I will take a look at the site & hopefully find whT I'm liking for

Kind regards

northern ireland
Level Contributor
357 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding

There are 19 of us heading out next week for our daughters wedding, she has been in contact with Jazmine (the wedding co-ordinator) from the hotel for the past year, but really everything has come together this past 4-6weeks. Really cannot wait now just another 7 sleeps.

England
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding

Gordonnrachel

Did you get my PM?

Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding

We are getting married there November 7th 2012. There are 19 of us going. Havnt heard much from the resort, other than confirming our wedding. But they say not to contact the coordinator until 3 months before. We booked the royal golden package. So excited!!

England
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding

I have just returned - Was part of a party of 29 to see my best mates daughter get married on Akumal Beach at GBP. The wedding was fantastic.

They got the ceremony etc video'd - Which was also amazing to watch - very professionally done.

PM me if you wanna see some pictures.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding

Gordonrachel - the pools are warm for a Canadian from Calgary. I know that others from the southern US consider it cold. Same sort of thing for swimming in cenotes - no problem for us, but others like wet suits.

As for tipping - we order lots of small denomination bills (20 and 50 peso) from our bank before leaving. We also take several hundred US single 1 $ bills (we are going for 3 weeks). It can be very difficult to get change, though others have mentioned they get change from the reception desk.

Good luck with your wedding - we have enjoyed watching many wedding as well as their set up at the GBP Tulum.