We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

Well, we have booked our summer holiday to to GBP. I "THINK" we will be in the Tulum hotel as we booked with Thomas Cook. However, my understanding is that we could use the Kids Clubs in any of the three hotels.

Anyway, our son who will be 6 yrs old for the trip does love going to Kids Clubs. However, reading the reviews, I see very little reference to the clubs. (What I have seen has been fairly positive.)

So, can anyone give me more info on the clubs?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

The kids club is called "El Principito" or something very similar, they have indoor games, table football, paint things to colour etc etc.

They also have a slide and some other outdoor play area things on a sand pit just outside.

The kids club supervisors are great very patient and do a lot with them, when the weather is good (most of the time) they take the kids to the kids pool and have water balloon fights etc.

They give them all t shirts which my son was very proud of and still wears often at home!!

They also get the kids involved in a show once a week, they practice during the day and then go on stage at night before the main show after mini disco.

Hope this helps a little.

:-)

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

That is very helpful! THank you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

My friend just returned from the Coba on Jan 26. (we are going to the Sian Kaan on Feb 7 with 2 kids 8 and 10).

She said (if I understood her correctly) that all 3 hotels have a kids club.

She preferred the Coba kids club because ther was a play structure.

BUT

She said that it is unpredictable how many kids will be in the kids club on any given day. Hers only went twice - while there were some other kids from Toronto. After that, there were few to NO kids in the club - and as a result hers didn't want to stay.....BUT when they WERE in the club, they really enjoyed it and she said the caregivers/supervisors at the Coba were very warm and friendly. (in contract to some other things i have read).

Any other kids at GBP Feb 7 - 14????

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

Thanks Smitty. My son is a social butterfly. However, if he has one to one adult attention to do things with, he is in HEAVEN!!

Let me know how you get on.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

When you going? My little girl will probably be joining the kids club. We go August 11th

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

LOL. we go tomorrow!!! And we are sooooo excited!

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

We go on the 7th August for two weeks!

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

Might see you there?

Port Coquitlam...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

Smitty, how is the kids club at Sian Ka'an??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kids Clubs at Gran Bahai Principie

My daughter who is 8 is loving it and I have to drag her out. But she is very outgoing and is happiest when in the company of other kids. My son who is 10 is iffy and will drop in and out depending on the activity and the kids in the club at any given time.

Right now there seems to be predominantly non English kids which makes him uncomfortable.

Note there are THREE kids clubs but my kids prefer the one at the tulum due to its setting on the beach and outdoor palapa setup.