We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When would you book for September - GP Riviera

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
479 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
When would you book for September - GP Riviera

Just wondering what thoughts are about booking times. We are planning to go in September - seems to be good pricing and it will be slow season.

I gave hubby two options - 7 nights at Royal Suites Yucatan or 10 nts at GP Riviera - he chose 10 nts!! Pricing right now is about $1150 + tax per person through Redtag.ca. Is this price going to change much over the next few months or is that pretty much the best it's going to get? A note on that pricing - even though we are in western Canada, this has us flying into Toronto for an overnight on the way there and the way back - time we are using to visit my mom and brother which works out as a bonus for us, and reduces the cost of the trip!

Should I book sooner rather than later? I'm kind of thinking that price might go down a bit closer to September but I'm worried they'll go up and we won't get our 10 nts!! Opinions?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,410 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When would you book for September - GP Riviera

Price of hotel may go down a bit for Sept. but airline prices are going up based on fuel. Price sounds good to me. If you're comfortable with it I'd book. You should also get trip insurance as Sept. is in hurricane season. I have been there 3 x in Sept and mostly great weather except for 2 days of a tropical depression.

2. Re: When would you book for September - GP Riviera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 10:30