We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

Hey guys,

I am planning on visiting Mexico again in July. I went to Cancun in December and LOVED it. My boyfriend and I are planning to go on vacation to celebrate our sixth year together. Plus I want to see different areas of Mexico. I have been looking into the Grand Palladium and Gran Bahia Principe. I know both of them have a couple resorts on the grounds. Can anybody help differentiate between the individual resorts? Any suggestions on either one? The Gran Bahia Principe website gives detailed information, but I cannot find the actual website for Grand Palladium; therefore I have NO information about it other than what is provided on here. I would love if you guys can help me out.

Thank you in advance & have a nice day! =)

1. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2016, 11:33
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
254 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

the official website for the Palladium hotels is:

www.fiestahotelgroup.com

Click on resorts, then look for Mexico. You'll see all the offerings :0

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

We have stayed at both and I loved the Bahia however the best there really isn't great the Paladium has a nicer beach and unlimited alacartes good entertainment in the evening too. Both are great resorts I'd go with the best price.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

Thank you all for the feedback. And thank you for the website! Which resort have you guys stayed at inside of the Grand Palladium?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
254 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

Maxine: I'm doing my first trip to the GP Royal Suites in April. I stayed at the GP Royal Suites Turquesa in the DR a few months ago, and got spoiled by all the pampering. For a little bit more money, it's truly worth it to upgrade. You get so many extra benefits, plus a private beach and it's less crowded.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

If you put bahia paladium in the search field, you can get a tons of comparisons. or see

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=9177&geo=499445&q=bahia+palladium&returnTo=__2F__&sub-search.x=8&sub-search.y=6

? is asked about every month

here is a good summary from another poster

Palladium vs Bahia Principe

Been to both twice.

beach - Palladium hands down

pools - marginal edge to Palladium(adult pools and salt water pool win me over although GBP's are very nice)

rooms - even(better mini bar service at Palladium if that matters)

buffets - even(like the ocean view buffet at the GBP)

a la carte - edge to Palladium(found the food to be quite above average for an AI)

bars/drinks - big edge to Palladium(top shelf brands more readily available)

layout - big edge to Palladium(although big, the layout lends to an uncrowded feel)

appearance - Palladium(love the jungle setting)

service - slight edge to Palladium but never had any real issues at GBP

Spa - Palladium hands down

For me, the Palladium gets my business. Even for the higher dollar...as I think it's the best value in the Riviera Maya

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

We've been to both.

We would return to both - depending on the price really.

SIZE - The GBP is HUGE HUGE HUGE - you will be relying on the tram most of the time ot get around. The Palladium is big but definately walkable between rooms, beach and lobby, restaurants, etc.

RESTAURANTS - GP has a big plus because no reservations are needed - you will be given a buzzer and you may have to wait upwards of an hour (no problem yu can go get a drink ). At the GBP you have to make your reservatons in advance (before your departure by email) which is okay, but once onsite, if you want to make any changes it is really hard.

POOLS - Because the GBP is such a huge resort, there a ton of pools to choose from - from louder to quieter, etc. The GP pretty much has two very large pools.......

Otherwise, they are pretty comparable in our opinion.

Brighton
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

I have been to Palladium twice and to GBP a year a go. I am leaving in two weeks to go back to GBP. I agree that I, personally, would chose the resort based on price. They are VERY comparable. I found the a la carte food to be better at GBP and the buffets to be the same. The whole "feel" of the resorts are very similar, that is why I chose based on price. The GBP was much cheaper this time around. If Palladium had a lower price, I would have picked that resort. You will love whichever you chose. Good luck.

9. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2012, 02:35
minneapolis minn
Level Contributor
654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe?!?

type in---palladium addict.com,,,for ALL your questions regarding grand palladium properties,,THEN,click on which area and they will have tons of information for you,,for me, i love the grand palladium yucatan royal suites.and i enjoy staying in pools late at night with late night cocktails..(ROYAL SUITES) and im a pool person,,and i hate it when i go to resorts and end up standing in the pool with water level ,right at my butt cheek level.lol....palladium large pool is around,im guessing at the deepest,5ft..all in all they are both nice properties.remember,,PALLADIUM ADDICT.COM