We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal Beach Resort

Maryland
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Akumal Beach Resort

I'm considering the Akumal Beach Resort for May, however, I can't tell from the pics whether the only entry to the pool is via a ladder. I have a bad knee and that is a concern. Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

~~Sue

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

They have a shallow entry that you don't need a ladder - I will check my photos to see how shallow

Maryland
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

Thanks so much!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

the shallow end is shallow in fact the whole of the main pool is shallow as you can touch so you could just sit down and dop in. There is a square bit at the end, a seperate pool which is deep where my children and husband spent a wee time jumping and diving in ;)

Toronto
Level Contributor
170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

One end of the pool does have steps down into the water.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

We are also considering Akumal Beach Resort, Does anyone have information what kind of activities (besides night entertaitment) included in All-Inclusive plan? Also, do they have shows in their theater every night?

thanks a lot!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

This really isn't a resort you go to for the evening entertainment. I believe they have "something" every evening, whether it's a show, or an audience participation contest, or live music. We plan to bring along a small computer and some DVD's to watch in our room for the evenings that the entertainment doesn't appeal to us.

It really is a smaller, quieter resort, though.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

I believe there are also things like dance lessons, water aerobics, volleyball, etc. led by the staff during the day - but the main draw to the ABR is the beautiful beach & the snorkeling. Also easy access to Akumal itself.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,855 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

OK, main pool is shallow on the north side with gentle steps down to it, maybe 3 ' deep

Then a step down to 4.5 -5 ft deep

And yes, very quiet - live bands on Wed/Sat , sometimes (weather permitting a beach party)

9. Re: Akumal Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 09:36