We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

difference in rooms .palladium

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nova scotia
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Topic
difference in rooms .palladium

what is the differernce between imperial suite.and imperial jr suite?

also royal suites yukatan.....are these the ones with the canoes?

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: difference in rooms .palladium

You are talking about the White Sands, I presume. The suites have a separate bedroom and a sitting room with a pull out sofa. The bathroom is a closed concept one. Junior suites are just one room with a sitting area which has a pull out couch Some junior suites have closed baths and some have open baths with a jacuzzi tub right in the room. I think there are some Cabanas in the White Sands area, not only in the Royal Suites.

The canoes come with the Cabana suites but there are other Royal Suites: junior suites (open concept baths) and suites (closed baths) in regular villas.

Try the palladium addicts site for lots of detailed info about the resort and its accommodations.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 19:32
Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
479 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: difference in rooms .palladium

Yes, the Royal Suites - Mayan Suites are the ones with the canoes (they call them kayaks). There are other Mayan Suites on the property - Colonial/Kantenah has some as does White Sands/Riviera but it is my understanding they don't have the canoes.

I believe what you are referring to as "Imperial" is bookings through Transat Holidays or Nolitours and the "Imperial" refers to extra services you get being a client of Transat or Nolitours - private check-in, welcome reception (I think), gift in your rooms, a certain number of guaranteed reservations at the a la cartes, etc. Just remove the word from in front of either jr suite or suite and the descriptions will match.

From out west here they were only offering packages to White Sands or Royal Suites so that may be what they are offering you as well.

Hope that helps.

3. Re: difference in rooms .palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:40