We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
202 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

Hi

Please can anyone tell me

Do all the guest rooms have open view into the bathrooms

Are any of the bathrooms private

Also if anyone has been or going before October

What is the size of the opening and from the pics I have seen of the openings are the sides marble/ tiled

The reason I ask is There will be 3 people sharing the room and you need a bit of privacy when using the bathroom

Thanks in advance for your help

:)

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
812 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

Most of them now have the frosted glass so just send a request ahead of time and ask for one ;)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

There's a door (frosted) on the toilet stall and another one on the shower anyway, even if there's none on your jacuzzi tub wall. (but there is one on many of the rooms...)

Unless roommates sit on the bed staring toward the bathroom, should be no privacy issues when using shower or toilet. Only the sink and jacuzzi would be open to view.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

As far as I know, most of the lower floor rooms (1 and 2nd floor) have the glass partition. Last time we were there we had the open one.

The sides are marble/tile (as are the floors..Very slippery when wet). The opening is quite large, a person could easily stand in the area with feet and hands in each of the corners (starfish style). The toilet and shower have their own frosted glass doors but I get what you're saying..still akward as far as noises go. ;)

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
202 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

Thanks everyone for your help

Will email ahead to request room with frosted window

:)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

I did that and they still didn't give us one, we loved this resort but won't be returning because of that to some it may be a small thing but it's not to me. I requested an upper floor room with frosted glass in the same villa as 2 other families who travelled with us. We did get the same villa but not the other things. There alot of resorts out there hotels need to listen.

Chicago
Level Contributor
236 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

Most of them are open concept bathrooms but even if they are closed ( frosted glass) , there isn't any privacy at all :( That is the only reason I wouldn't go back there.

7. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Bathrooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:42