We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody booked GBP Akumal with First Choice?

uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody booked GBP Akumal with First Choice?

I booked mine 2 weeks ago for May and on the first choice site it has a special offer saying that all standard room bookings up until january 2013 will automatically be upgraded to a golden club room.

I have just called FC to confirm this and they said it is correct but this is not something they request themselves and is something the hotel should already know about and that i should mention it when i get there?

Just wondering if anyone has gone and got this upgrade automatically or if theyre just trying to fob me off! :)

Thanks

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Anybody booked GBP Akumal with First Choice?

If the hotel is full with paying upgraders the people getting it as a freebie might not all get it.

Shouldn't be an issue between June and October though as this is their low season.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Anybody booked GBP Akumal with First Choice?

Thanks family parry, yes that's the thing. We went also in Jan & found a lot of Canadians had been upgraded to golden as part of their package, as far as we could see no Brits had, maybe they paid more, the hotel was a lot busier in Jan. Really though golden isn't a big deal, you would be better off requesting blocks 45-48, imo & then ask for more a la cartes which we did get in May, 9 in total & we got 7 in Jan, when we just basic. Hope this makes sense.

Edited: 29 June 2012, 20:37
Rotherham
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Anybody booked GBP Akumal with First Choice?

A tip some of you may find useful , if you are on facebook , type thomson holidays into the search bar at the top of the page, and thomsons facebook page will come up, this is operated by thomson and you can ask questions about any booking with first choice and thomson and get your answer x

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Anybody booked GBP Akumal with First Choice?

First Choice have replied and they say that the offer of upgrade is not on the dates that we are travelling. Fingers crossed for the hotel themselves to upgrade us then...

35. Re: Anybody booked GBP Akumal with First Choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 10:15