We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice Taxi Transfers

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Choice Taxi Transfers

Hi all,

I travelled to GBP AKumal last year with First Choice and paid extra for a private transfer to the hotel to cut down on transfer times.

I have been looking at the same on FC website for this year and the private transfer adds an extra £198 on!!

I pretty sure i would not have paid that amount last year, does anyone know if prices have gone up?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

Check out agi tours.com. Others here also like USA.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

USA Transfers (aka Entertainment Plus) - entertainment-plus.net/transfers/bahia-princ…

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

Yeah I noticed it as well - think I paid £60 odd last year!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

Yes ieemc, i was thinking around that mark!

I was looking at it thinking theres no way i would have paid £100 each way for 2 adults!!! But then started wondering if perhaps i had got a bit click happy in the booking process!

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

We are flying with Thomas cook and also want a private transfer I found one the other day return for $150 for 3 people

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

try USA transfers as ive booked one and it is $130 return, we fly out on the 09/05/12 and we can not wait

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

Simple fact

You will pay more $ if you pay your charter / airline for a transfer rather than booking it yourself

Just like trip insurance

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

Not true up until now actually - we've used the First Choice private transfer the past few years and it's been a fair price but this year it's more than tripled from last year!!!

Thankfully we've got private transfer included this year with Hayes & Jarvis!

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

Kelly - you are not mistaken it was around the £50/£60 return mark per taxi for the last 3 years , suddenly this last year they ( first choice)more than tripled the cost of the taxi transfer and I can only assume it is a deliberate ploy to stop people booking private transfers through them to cut down on paperwork. Just do what I am going to do going forward which is to book direct with cancun transfers or the like.

V disappointed with first choice this year - they are definately not putting an emphasise on customer requirements this year: (

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First Choice Taxi Transfers

Damionsmum! Nice to speak to you again, you may remember me from the forum last year!

I had a serious case of the holiday blues on my return from GBP and couldnt bear to come back for a while!!! However, now im thinkling towards this years holiday im back!! Still not sure where to go yet though!

Are you off to GBP again this year?