We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Premium upgrades.

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Premium upgrades.

Flying to Cancun in July, and debating upgrading to premium on our Thomson flight, Current quote is £179 each both ways (i have noticed this price has lowered a lot since we booked our holiday) does this mean it is likely to be lowered more?

Also would like to know Is the upgrade worth the extra money? also are seats guaranteed together, as we have already paid the £25 each to select our seats.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

Hi Brodick mentioned being able to upgrade inflight entertainment for £10 does anyone know if this is available on all flights to Mexico...Important to me as travelling with 12 and 14 year olds....would like to upgrade but was just quoted £229 and that. Is over £900 for four of us....Am tempted as can't book extra leg yet room as travelling with kids and my husband is 6ft 6 inch apparently we can only Change this four days before but there are already only two legroom seats left....fingers crossed the premium seats come down in price!

North Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

When is your flight? Extra legroom seats are usually like gold-dust and sell out ages ahead of the flight as people consider them good value compared to premium (although I like premium myself - no hassle paying for anything and a smug feeling when you turn left through the doors ....)

Anyone can upgrage the entertainment package for £5 per person per flight, for which you get a larger choice of films and the AVOD (start-stop on demand) facility.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

Our flight is in 4 days and the extra legroom seats are still available to purchase through the website (£40 each). Just logged on last night. Funnily enough, the standard seats that are available (book your own seat) change on a regular basis. Sometimes there are no window seats, next time I check, there are loads...

Bolton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

The price is actually £279 each person return if you book via the airline. If you book via your agent it is £259 each person return. I did this yesterday. They guarantee you will sit together but not where. You can actually book the seats you prefer by contacting them again (once booked) 90 days before you are due to return.

Bolton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

The price is actually £279 each person return if you book via the airline. If you book via your agent it is £259 each person return. I did this yesterday. They guarantee you will sit together but not where. You can actually book the seats you prefer by contacting them again (once booked) 90 days before you are due to return.

UK
Level Contributor
870 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

If its what you want go for it. What we tend to do now is get extra legroom seats in economy,usually near the emergency windows so we sit together and then pay a fiver for movie upgrade. Never touch alcohol in the air so money saved usually pays for a trip at destination.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,303 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

Julie,

You have answered postings that is nearly a year old..........I would think everyone has been and gone on their holidays by now !! Prices of premium upgrades change constantly due to supply and demand !

Angie

28. Re: Thomson Premium upgrades.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:15