We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Can you tell me the good and the bad about this resort? How is the kids club if you used it?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
69 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Been twice but unfortunately can't comment on the kids club.

Pros:

Food was great compared to some of the other resorts I have stayed at. First time in a long time that I didn't come home with any stomach issues.

Staff are excellent, everyone we met went out of their way to help us, made sure we were having a good time.

Large resort - I like a large resort, some people don't. I like a large resort b/c it gives more options for dining, pools etc. We had a very busy week when we there so we only ate at the Japanese & Gourmet a la carte's. Both were fantastic.

Lazy River - lots of fun and only resort I have been too that has one.

Spa - excellent services and if you get the chance try the water circuit.

A la carte bookings - although you do need to book your restaurants its easy to do so with a conceirge in your building. No annoying line ups like at some resorts.

Cons

The only one I can think of is the beach. If you are a beach person this resort may not do it for you. The beach is beautiful to look at but its not long and sandy. I didn't take water shoes and never had a problem going into the water but I know a lot of people complain about this.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

3HottiesfromNovaScotia covered it pretty well IMO.

For a few more details, here's our review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499445-d599…

We were two rooms in Bldg 18 and one in 17, there's a typo at the end of the report that says 19.

Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Thanks you guys for answering my question. Is that beach really rocky or it is just one area?

victoria
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

I think the resort is good value.

-Huge rooms which I like there is a king size bed for hubby and I and a pull out couch for our son.

-Full bathroom with big tub. My son likes this cause he can watch tv and sit in the tub

Mini bar, which is nice to have water, a couple of beers and some pop

-Room service, basic but enough for snacks

-smoothie place

-coffee shop-

-ice cream parlour, they do milk shakes too

-Kids club. We were there in December and my son had a crush on Elisabeth but she is gorgous, who wouldn't. lol Alex played alot of lego with the kids, which my son loved, they played water games, water balloons that kid of thing, went to the beach, lazy river, went for ice cream. They don't have a limit on the amount of kids per caregiver. This bothered me, I only dropped him off when there wasn't alot of kids and then checked on him regularly. If I had a young child or a runner I wouldn't use kids club.

They also have pool and beach service.

We have been there 3 times

Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Thanks for the information on the kids club. Glad to hear that the kids will have a good time if we send them to the club.

Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

How is the food in this resort?

victoria
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

We thought the food was good/great. Roasted chicken was really good for lunch. We usually had breakfast at the main lobby buffet.

The cajan and the steakhouse are smaller buffets that do breakfast and lunch also. This is kinda nice because they have a pool outside them both. Beach has a snack shack, which does nachos, burgers, fries, sandwiches, hot wings ect. Most days there is something on the beach at 1pm but it isn't advertised in advance.

They have 3 theme nights for dinner in the buffet.

Here are some menus for the ala cartes

grand-sirenis.com/hotel_grand_sirenis_dinnin…

go under the forum and you should get most of your questions answered by other posts

Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Can you get food from somewhere all the time at this resort? If not what are the times like? What time does the bar's open and close?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Are there any 24 hour bars?

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply