We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with travel insurance!

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Help with travel insurance!

Hello, Me and my partner will be traveling to mexico from UK next month, and i am finding it hard to find a good travel insurance at an alright price. (don't really want to go with some unknown company, have done this previously with my car insurance and they have all been terrible)

Also am Just a bit confused of what category will be under

Worldwide exc USA, Caribbean, Canada

or

Worldwide inc USA, Caribbean, Canada

If any one could recommend some insurance companies, i would very much appreciate it!

Many Thanks

L x

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Help with travel insurance!

I don't know if the trip insurance store handles UK but you can check. Steve is the owner and is wonderful.

the trip insurance store.com

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,307 posts
2. Re: Help with travel insurance!

Do you want

Medical Insurance

Trip cancellation insurance

Trip Interuption Insurance

Wigan, Lancashire
Level Contributor
923 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Help with travel insurance!

Lizziee,

We booked ours with First Choice at time of booking holiday.

The company is Mondial http://www.mondial-assistance.co.uk/ we had them last year and were very helpful when i had to add additional conditions due to health reasons.

When we booked it was booked under:

Worldwide exc USA, Caribbean, Canada

As they said that Mexico dont fall under caribbean or USA? and when i contacted Mondail they also confirmed that this was correct.

Hope it helps slightly. For 2013 Holidays First Choice are using AXA and we got insurance for £27 Each (although i have to contact and add additional health issues)

Cheers

Dave

Edited: 07 June 2012, 15:20
London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Help with travel insurance!

Heya! Thanks everyone.

Have looked at Mondial and think I'm gonna go with them :) I got a quote from first choice and it was like double the price of what the Mondial website is quoting!

Thanks again :D

Only 33 more days!

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Help with travel insurance!

I use insure and go - very reasonably priced with a good level of cover, for travel to mexico you want the worldwide including the Caribbean cover.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 14:50
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Help with travel insurance!

I'd be very careful which level of cover you get. The Yucatan peninsula especially the playa del carmen side have always been classed as the Caribbean on every travel insurance policy I have ever had. That water on the beach thats the caribbean sea that is.

Make sure you get something in writing from your insurance company stating that you are covered for the Yucatan Peninsula don't take the word of some monkey in a call centre

Try direct travel insurance in the Uk usually the cheapest like for like cover. We have previously had annual cover from direct travel insurance cheaper than single trip from Thomson/First Choice

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Help with travel insurance!

If you haven't already bought any I would recommend insurewithease. A worldwide policy for a couple for a year was about £53 and this included a stated medical condition.

Polmont, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
8. Re: Help with travel insurance!

We ended up with Protect your bubble .

Gets good reviews with trust pilot. Good reviews and bad reviews are common with all insurance companies but they got 9/10 on that one

trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.protectyourbubbl…

Protect your bubble reviews

Excellent 9 out of 10

2,320 customer reviews

9. Re: Help with travel insurance!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:41