We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
167 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium

Does any one know what the differences are between the Colonial & Kantenah?

Which is the best?

First choice are stating that if you book with them you can be allocated in either?

Can you request a preference direct to the hotel?

Thanks in advance

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium

Both sections of the resort are nice. The biggest difference is the beach in front of the Kantenah section is better. Not that the beach in front of the Colonial section is bad either. Also the other difference is how they are decorated. You can walk from one side to the other is a few minutes.

I usually prefer the Colonial section because is it a little more centrally located.

Edmonton Alberta...
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium

I agree....Kantenah beach front is nicer but we liked staying in the colonial section. Kantenah also has better nightlife if I remember correctly. The locals will set up shop in the square and it was nice but again our family liked the poisition of colonial section best!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,855 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium

Can you request a preference direct to the hotel?

Of course - all the email addresses are posted over in Top Questions

Including a thread on the differences between the sections and a map of the resort

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium

Colonial and Kantenah share a lobby complex (hard to describe, but it is a big building housing restaurants, bars, etc) and share a large pool. The Riviera and White Sands have the same set up of shared pool and shared lobby / restaurant area.

As you will see on this map - you could be close to the beach, or quite a ways away. The area in front of buildings 33-36 is probably my favourite area of the beach (and is where the Royal beach section is), but in reality, it would only take 5 mins from building 32 to walk to that beach section (I used the beach at the Royal section and walked up to the beach bar (XIX on the map) for lunch / snacks. It isn't that far at all.

…webshots.com/photo/fullsize/226009599007390…

In terms of the nightlife - the later show is in the Riviera Lobby, as is the nightclub (although it was pretty much deserted most nights we were there).

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium

We stayed in the Colonial section and had a very nice room that we were happy with. But - I don't think it matters where you stay on the grounds that you can go anywhere that you want (with the exception of the Royal Section). Explore - find the areas that you like (beach or hotel) and hang out in the places you prefer, or move between all of them. That is what is so nice about this resort - you have all the choices.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium

Stayed at Both Kantanah and Colonial. Would go back to either in a heartbeat. Only difference between them is room location. Colonial is more central. Kantanah is near nicest part of the beach. You can use facility's at both and the Riviera and White Sands also. Check out a resort map to get a feel of the layout before you arrive this will also help with which section if you put in a request.

7. Re: Grand Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:41