We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brands of beer

Michigan
14 posts
brands of beer

what brands of beer do they have at Tulum? I read they only have DOS XX at Sian Ka'an. Is that the only beer they have at Tulum as well? I'm a beer drinker but prefer Coors Light or Corona.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: brands of beer

If you are a Beer Drinker, then it would be safe to assume that you would be inclined to try all the beers that Mexico has to offer, correct? Corona is not a Popular beer here except with the Tourists, and you can Buy a Mexican version of Coors Light like at at a Wal-Mart. Sol, XX, Tecate, Modelo, Bohemia are just a few brands that can enlighten your beer experience in Mexico much better than a Mexican Silver Bullet.

Edited: 21 July 2012, 05:12
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,307 posts
2. Re: brands of beer

Tulum - Do you know this is a town/pueblo by the Ruins

Let me guess - you are staying at the Bahia mega resort - section Tulum - correct

prefer Coors Light or Corona. - considered poor beer in Mexico

Not served at Bahia

Widen your experience as Dan suggested

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: brands of beer

The entire GBP resort only serves Dos XX (a very good beer IMHO), with one or two possible exceptions - I've read here that the golf clubhouse serves various brands of bottled beer, and that Sian Ka'an guests can have drinks there at no charge. It's also possible that the Sports Bar in the Hacienda serves different beers, but I've never gone drinking there, so it's just a guess.

I hear that a lot of people ask their bus driver or transfer driver to stop at the 7-11in PDC on their way from the airport for different beers. If you're a bit more adventurous you could also go off-resort to one of the many restaurants in the area. I'm partial to Tequilaville myself, just 5 minutes away from GBP.

Michigan
14 posts
4. Re: brands of beer

Actually I'm not the beer drinker. My friend who is traveling with me is the beer drinker. I will pass the message onto her. Thanks for the replies.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,307 posts
5. Re: brands of beer

Sol, Dos XX is great

Modelo is also excellent

6. Re: brands of beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2013, 10:17