We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Is there anything special that you pack that makes your trip more fun, enjoyable or comfortable?

We bring our blinged out 20oz Bubba Kegs to keep our drinks cold, reusable water bottles, blow-up pool floats and Nivea Essential Enriched lotion to keep our skin from drying out.

Hubby always bring a roll of duct tape and even though I give him a hard time about it...it's come in mighty useful over the years.

Anything, aside from the 'norm' i.e. sunscreen, hat, swim suit, that you bring with you to Akumal?

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

This is a great informative topic, I started one in May when we went to GBP Akumal, loads of ideas, here we go, I can't live without my slippers for on the plane & in the room with the ac on the floor is really cold. Coffee in the morning i bring my travel kettle, i don't like the coffee makers. Also my kindle, won't be parted from it, that's how i do my live from updates. 45 days, happy hols. x

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

I started bringing a small flashlight for my husband & myself several vacations ago & they have really come in handy when roaming around the resort at night. We have also used them in dim ala cartes at nite to see the menu. I just picked up 2 new, very small, barrel LED (maybe 2inches) flashlights at Big Lots for $2.00 to add to vaca basket. They are perfect pocket size for my hubby to carry.

Santa Cruz,Ca
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Would not leave to Mexico with out my Swimaway floats. I can blow it up in a minute. It hammocks me in the warm water (5 years and I have not fallen off and lost a drink) and when I am done for the day I can deflate and fold back in my beach bag. Sorry sounds like an Ad but the best $15 I spent years ago.

Also a small handbag at night to hold key lipstick and tip money, most sundresses do not have pockets and carrying your large bag is awlful.

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Band Aids! Sure, you can buy them if necessary when you're there, but they just aren't the same. Plus I sometimes need one while en route. I also bring peppermint herbal tea.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
335 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Koozies. Both collapsible and foam. Great to keep drinks of all kind cool. I also keep a collapsible in my carry on for beers on the flights. I also agree with all of the other posts and have used all of those items.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

My wife likes to bring scented candles for the room to take away the musty smell. I also always bring big and small Ziplock baggies - amazing how many uses I find for them. We also never forget the bug repellent.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,460 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

travel expresso maker

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Thermal mugs..for nice hot coffees and nice cold magaritas, pool floats, slippers for the cold marble floors in the room, trail mix, and other munchies for the room....................hand sanitizer..........

Maryland
Level Contributor
59 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Kelsyus Inflatable Floating Lounger

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aside from the 'norm' do you pack anything special?

Chrispysmith, do you find they are bulky/heavy to pack?