We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

Toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

i understand that guests of the SK can also use a ALC at other resorts in the complex. Can anyone who has been there recommend some others besides the two on site. My partner and I really like the idea f foie gras, duck and lamb. We're both foodies and want to know if the other ALCs are worth the trip and/or hassle.

Thanks in advance for any info

Jen

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,377 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

Jen, read the last few pages on this forum as there have been similar 'what are the best alacartes' in Bahia - and these and other hints are listed in Topn Questions

Definately try the 3 premium alacartes, Don Pablo, Alriquin, Gourmet

here are posts on this page

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5784…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5786…

Edited: 26 September 2012, 02:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

Firstly there is no hassle getting to the other resorts, the little train/buggy is pretty frequent. We loved the food in Don Pablo and Le Gourmet. We also enjoyed the show table in Mikado, but there is no air conditioning and it is pretty hot in there, however, in our opinion, the food was better than in Maiko (SK) which we found a little oily. The menus you can access through the above links are pretty accurate, no major changes, but the restaurants did sometimes have 'specials' which you were told about by the waiter.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

Alux (at SK) will likely be your favourite, we find it to be the best. Also try Don Pablo (Tulum) and Le Gourmet (Coba). We weren't impressed with Arlequin (Akumal) - we found the food and service to be not as good as the others. As mentioned, getting around is fairly easy once you figure out the trolleys.

Thorold
Level Contributor
786 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

get the mushroom soup at Alux and agree with 2nutz4travel...service at Arlequin was not good at all

Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

I consider myself a foodie. The only ALC I tried last week was Alux and I was unimpressed. Not bad, but not great. Some called it their best meal ever on TA. To me, that was far from being my best meal. I had the tuna tartare, the vichysoisse and the scampi.

Toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

I find that service is always hit and miss in ALCs. I'm not a fan of the ones that offer a buffet to begin with. What's the point of being served? I'm a waitress, myself, so on days off I love to have someone else serve me. However, this also makes me highly critical of service.

I think we're gonna venture out to Le Gourmet and Don Pablo but stay on at SK for other meals. Does anyone know what's on the menu at Alux?

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

JennaBee, courtesy of RobS56,

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157628339029731

We had two meals there last week. Definately our favourite. Had the lamb chops and then the pheasant canneloni for the other.

Toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

Yum! Thanks guys!

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

Here's a picture of the menu I took back in December. Based on the comments here is sounds like it hasn't substantially changed.

flickr.com/photos/…

Toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which a la cartes to book at GBP Sian Ka'an

'Pine nits'. LOL! Thanks :)