We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final Thoughts

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Final Thoughts

OK been debating on resorts for the past month been watching prices and reviews, Had my heart set on Royal Suites Yucatan one for the unlimited ala cartes and two adults only. Going April 11 -18 West Jet 6:15 am arrive at 10:45 am in Cancun. Price is 3687 includes trip cancelation still need transfer to resort and medical not a biggie.My other choice was Gran Bahia Cobra same flights but 3085. Both resorts are in our price range your opinions are greatly appreciated would like to book soon. We have never been to Mexico and really have no expectations. We are looking for a relaxing yet lively experience.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final Thoughts

Have been to RSY twice in the last 18 months, and enjoyed it a lot, very relaxing, great service and people. It wasn't especially lively, but then I think that is true for most AO AI resorts.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
494 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Final Thoughts

Bahia Coba gets my vote and it probably includes transfer..

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Final Thoughts

Totally different levels. The Royal is "the" section at the Palladium.

Coba is a lovely section of the Bahia,

If I had to choose and pay an extra $300 each I would choose the Royal Suites.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Final Thoughts

1st, welcome Jenn: My old home town

I never do Trip Cancellation , Insurance, or anything but airfare through the airline (like double/triple the $) - I use other sources if I need to

I use USA transfers for my transpo to the hotel - have been know to use ADO buses, colectivos/ taxis (cheapest transpo was 140 pesos to Akumal

I don't book my spring trips until January

PS is Bahia Coba

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Final Thoughts

Well thank you for the replies maybe I'll hold off til after xmas to book.Still leaning towards the Royal but Bahia definately still a great contender. Always reading positive about the Bahia.My only great concern is food my hubby is so damn picky. He's a meat and potatoe man and it was such an added bonus to go through all the menus of the Royal through palladiumaddict. I know he won't starve there. I personally can care less about the food i'm more interested in the Tequila LOL...

Thorold
Level Contributor
787 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Final Thoughts

price seems very high to me....I'd wait too. thinking somewhere around $2500 for 2 people in April sounds alittle better. Once March break is over the price should go down alot.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Final Thoughts

So do I wait til March break is over to book?

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Final Thoughts

"Always reading positive about the Bahia.My only great concern is food my hubby is so damn picky. He's a meat and potatoe man and it was such an added bonus to go through all the menus of the Royal through palladiumaddict. I know he won't starve there. I personally can care less about the food i'm more interested in the Tequila LOL..."

Just returnrd from Coba on saturday. I put on 8lbs.Hubby will not go without. Plenty of meat and potatoes. Either choice will be good.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Final Thoughts

Eeeek!! Lol Karl I will definately stick to my Tequila, but great to know the hubby will be pleased.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Final Thoughts

So just curious when is the best time to book for April any suggestions???