We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Coba nitelife?

Digby, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Coba nitelife?

We have stayed at GBP Tulum, and in the evening, they always have live music and a large seating/bar/dancing area near the main lobby. At Coba, do they have similar??? We usually prefer this type of atmosphere instead of attending the shows. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance:)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,636 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

Yes and in fact they have the main lobby bar and the Club Premier Lounge

Fredericton, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

we are staying at the Coba this November. I am wondering if we are allowed in the diaquari bar. We are not up grading and I am confused about which lobby we will not have acess to. Will there be a lobby where there in a bit of music and maybe some dancing. (besides the disco).

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

You pretty much have the run of the place. the Royal golden reception area is for Upgraded folks , but it's just a tiny little sitting area. There is live entertainment in the main lobby lounge at the coba , and also at the premiere club , both of which you can enjoy. Not sure about dancing though , it seemed more like a lounge to sit down for a few drinks and watch and listen to the band.

Don't forget about karaoke on the patio behind the coba lobby. Some really good singers , and some equally entertaining really bad singers.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
480 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

hey gordandar I thought what happens in Me-hee-co stays there!! lol..I may have been one of those 'really bad' ones..and the dancing...well if someone gets up the rest usually follow..so get up and start the party going :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the opening times are of the bars?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
480 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

@gringo by 10 am you can be served..when we left early last time they didn't want to serve me b4 10 but..they are great and I did have a traveller for the airport..remember if you looking for something in your coffee then take a

shot (or 2) and put it in the fridge for the night :)

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

Re: what happens in Mexico.......... My My Mother-in Law and Father-in-Law just recently found out why our first 7 day trip to Mexico (6 years ago) took 8 days.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

Are there any bars open late, or are the all 11 or 12.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
480 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

Gringo..disco at Hacienda opens @ midniight to 2:30 am

10. Re: GBP Coba nitelife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:16