We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
329 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

I apologize if this question has been answered before. If you book at Sian Ka'an are there and areas within the GBP complex that you CAN'T use? There was a bit of info on an older thread but I wasn't sure if things had changed.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

It is the other way around. Sian Kaan guests have area's that are off limits to guests of the other 3 resorts. There are some areas , like the royal golden lobby , that are strictly for the Royal Golden guests , but for the most part you will be able to go wherever you want.

Edited: 25 October 2012, 23:56
Toronto
Level Contributor
329 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

Hmmmm... what am I missing in The Royal Golden Lobby?

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

Jenabee, you are missing nothing that you can not get anywhere else. The Royal Golden Lobby when open has a reception area for check in and booking tours and A La cartes, if you are with a certain tour operator. For us guys from Canada that would be Transat. There is a bar that is stocked quite nice, but not as good as Sian Kaan. They also have three or four computers to use.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,834 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

The Hacienda private pool at Tulum may also be restricted

And Karl's room

Toronto
Level Contributor
329 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

What? We aren't invited to Karl's room? Come ON--- no open door policies??? LOL From the Transat website:

Access to the exclusive beach club at the Bahia Principe Tulum

Do you suppose this includes the pool?

My boyfriend and I are looking forward to walking the beach and stopping in everywhere that we can long the way to check out the other resorts. No matter that ours may be better-- we just want to explore!

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

The door to my room is always open;) my wife may not allow you in though. The Transat web site is refering to the section of the beach that is at the Tulum section. That area of the beach is for the exclusive use of the Sian Kaan guests. There is also a fully stocked bar call Hol Box. This section also has drink service to your lounger. The pool that VSD referenced is called the North Pool and is in the hacienda/Diamond section. It is at the most northerly end of the Bahia. The pool does not have a swim up bar but a pool side bar. Hope this helps. Jenabee, when do you arrive?

Toronto
Level Contributor
329 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

Yeah, I don't think my boyfriend would like me barging into other people's rooms or the prospect of me inviting strangers to our pad :P I guess none of us are on spring break anymore. Probably a good thing! *sigh*

We are arriving next Friday night (the 2nd). SO excited!! I broke my arm and had to have surgery this summer so we had to postpone our trip until I was mostly recovered. In my line of work (Serving) a broken arm is the kiss of death but I'm mostly recovered now and looking forward to some snorkeling, margaritas and physio exercises in the rooftop jacuzzi!! (that was not meant to sound lewd--- Actual Physiotherapy!)

I do a lot of research before booking anything. This is our second trip together. We went to EDSS last Jan and loved it, but we like checking out new places, which is why we were so excited about being able to use all the other resorts on the GBP property. I'm really hoping that GBPSK lives up to all the great reviews.

Thanks for the info:)

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

Jenabee, sorry to hear about your arm. We leave SK Saturday the 3rd at about 8pm. We have a flight into London Ont that leaves cancun at 11:35pm, so if we run into you on Friday night or Saturday we will say hi and have a drink with you. Have you e mailed for A La cartes yet?

Toronto
Level Contributor
329 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

Thanks for the invite, Karl! I e-mailed Claudia when we booked about three weeks ago. We booked three nights at Alux, One at Maiko, One at Don Pablo and One at Le Gourmet. We figure we'll do the buffet the night we arrive. Any favourite dishes at the restaurants that I should make sure to try?

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: GBP Areas off Limits to Sian Ka'an Guests?

jenabee, the pheasant canelloni at Alux is excellent. After mucho cocktails for some strand reason I ordered curried fish fillet at Maiko for dessert. I saw the pictures the next day. Apparantly I thought it was one of my best meals there. I even asked to see the chef so I could tip him. Strange what alcohol does. My darling wife was not too happy. So many choice too little time. have you checked out, www.bahia-gourmet.com gives an idea of the menus.