We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Paladium White Sand

Montréal, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Paladium White Sand

Is it true that it is impossible to swin in the ocean in front of the hotel and that we have to go to the other hotel?

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

This is really one hotel complex with 4 (5 if you count the Royal Suites) sections. There is one long stretch of beach for the entire complex. I prefer the beach down by Kantenah end, and there can be some rocks by the White Sands. Many people find the White Sands area is the best area for snorkeling. But impossible to swim nearer the White Sands?? I wouldn't have said so.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

You asked this same question on another topic and I posted the reply below (just in case you have not seen my other reply)

Grand Palladium is made up of four "sections" (what they call resorts) called Kantenha, Colonial, White Sands and Riviera, but to be honest it is just one huge resort so there is no concept of "hotel next door".

Anyone staying at any of these four sections (or resorts) has access to anything on the resort and any part of the beach.

But the beach (or more accurately the sea) is divided up into different areas for swimming, snorkling, canoeing and sailing, so you may have to walk a little way along the beach one way or the other before finding a place where you can swim. However the beach is not that long.

However from what I remember the area in front of White Sands is available for swimming (I think).

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,521 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

The area in front of White Sand is fine for swimming and snorkeling. The area in front of Riviera does not have a beach but rather has a beautiful salt water pool. The beaches in front of White Sand, Colonial and Kantenah vary and you can use them all.

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

There is some coral in front of this section. Bare feet could be a bit tricky, with water shoes or flippers it's good

Edited: 05 November 2012, 21:11
lockerbie
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

which is best grand sirenis or the palladium

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
248 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

We were at the Sirenis when it first opened and it was nice, but we found it a lot of walking from one building to another - Not a problem at Bahia and we're thinking of going to the Palladium in March. It's not the walking so much I guess, but nothing to look at but jungle. Last night we were looking at an aerial map of the Palladium and could see the Sirenis near it in a big semi-circle in the jungle. As well there's not much to do there, or at least wasn't. What we liked about the Bahia was that it was its own complex - plenty to see or places to go without leaving the resort unless we felt like it. I'm hoping the Palladium's like that too. Any comments about that?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,521 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

I just returned from trip #20 to the Palladium and am always amazed at how much there is to see and do at the resort each time I go. I especially like getting up at sunrise, having a cappuccino on the beach while the sun comes up and then walking for an hour or so to see all the Palladium has to offer from beautiful flora, fauna, many "critters", lush jungles and gardens.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

Just to add the palladium addicts website answers lot of questions you might have its very good for info on the GP .aswell as trip adviser of course:)

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

I love the palladium we never usually go back to a resort for a seconded visit. But we went back 3 times in 13 months and our 4th visit is booked and I can't wait to go back.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
248 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Paladium White Sand

Can anyone tell me how "jungly" the rooms are? We usually try to get as close to the beach as possible if not oceanview, and I know the GP doesn't really have those. Thoughts?