We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

KshTraveler
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

I've been watching the prices of GP COl/Kan at Apple Vacations.

Then all of a sudden today ALL the GP resorts at AV do not return data. I called the help center and they said it's sold out. Weird? That's never happened before.

So now… what other resorts would you recommend? I see the GB Coba seems to be okay, but the pictures of the room look unclean. Last year we stayed at Grand Sirenis and it was just so so, we loved the lush gardens and walking paths at GP.

Any comments are appreciated.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

I doubt it is sold out. Check another site. Expedia, Orbitz,Travelocity, Cheap Carribean. Someone else will have rooms available there. OR call them direct.

Edited: 10 November 2012, 00:44
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

I doubt it is sold out too. I've noticed this type of thing happening when they are changing the prices.

KshTraveler
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

I was hoping they were chaining prices, typically this time of year they go on sale… but maybe they are going the other way… it was about 1350 with apple per person, and now i see it for 1434 at expedia… so I hope apple gets it together!

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

Not sure when you are going, but I just checked prices for Orbitz and their sister site, Cheaptickets.com. I checked prices from DC.

The dates I used were the dates we are going, as that was the default in my search. The dates were April 11-18, 2013. Orbitz is $1523 for non-stop flights. Cheaptickets is $1118 for the same dates/flights. Both for the Colonial

We have used Cheaptickets for the past 3 years as they are usually the lowest.cost. Check it out. It may work for your dates/

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

depending on the dates it may just be a specific supplier that is sold out

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,307 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

what dates were you wanting

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

As others have stated, Apple may be sold out of their allottment. Call them instead and see if they can request a room for you. We do it all the time with our tour operators. Other sites may have rooms at other prices, but if Apple is unable to request more rooms, that may be a sign that it is filling up and you should book somewhere else soon and not wait for prices to drop.

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

check with loco gringo

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

Although April is high season and the resort is frequently booked to capacity I doubt they are sold out yet. I agree with others: check other sites or call their call center and ask.

800-961-7661

KshTraveler
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sold Out, can it be true? Grand Palladium Kan/Col

thanks for your help. I ended up on orbits.com and got a way better deal at the White Sands than Apple Vacations would have ever had posted. So I'm questioning what I get from them that I don't get from just booking the pieces myself. We paid $1328 a person including flights for 8 days at the white sands.

Just have to arrange a transfer, but since there's a group of us I can book ahead with USA Transfers and save $ on that too.

Hoping to upgrade when we get there, but if not that's fine too!

Love GP in Puerto Aventeras, so I'm thrilled to be going back!