We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand sireis riviera maya

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northumberland
Level Contributor
137 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
grand sireis riviera maya

I am coming to mexico for the first time and stopping at the grand sireis riviera maya in june 2013, I would like to ask these questions

will i need to bring a rain coat from the uk?

is there any buses run into town from grand sireis riviera maya?

is the grand sireis riviera maya the best in mexico?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,425 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand sireis riviera maya

"will i need to bring a rain coat from the uk?"

I wouldn't bother. If it does rain at all, it's usually a short, sharp shower and not enough to scare you off the beach or away from the pool (plus, who wants to wear a raincoat and a bathing suit?!)

"is there any buses run into town from grand sireis riviera maya?"

By "town" I'm guessing you mean Playa del Carmen. A convenient and cheap way to get there would be using the collectivo. You'll have to walk from the resort to the highway and pick one up there - it'll only cost a few pesos.

is the grand sireis riviera maya the best in mexico?

The best what? Assuming you mean best resort, well, that's rather subjective. I think the GS is a nice place but it sure doesn't meet my criteria of "best" - not in Mexico and not even in the Riviera Maya. I've stayed at places that IMHO had better food, nicer beaches, better evening entertainment, nicer rooms, more luxurious bathrooms and more comfortable beds. 'Course, I've paid more too. I'm really not sure what you're asking.

northumberland
Level Contributor
137 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand sireis riviera maya

im asking about if the grand sireis riviera maya the best hotel in mexico for all inclusive?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,425 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand sireis riviera maya

As I said, "best" is subjective ...... it's a bit like asking for the "best" hotel in all of England. Sure the Ritz is nice but what if I don't particularly want to be in central London?

But no, I don't think anyone will tell you that the GS is the best all inclusive resort in ALL of Mexico.

If you're looking for the "best" AI resort in the Riviera Maya area, then I'd suggest the Grand Velas would be closer to the mark.

Edited: 14 November 2012, 22:04
northumberland
Level Contributor
137 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand sireis riviera maya

can you upgrade at grand sirenis

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand sireis riviera maya

Here's the Tripadvisor list of the top 25 all inclusives in Mexico.

tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels-cAllI…

Yes you can upgrade to Oceanview and possibly ocean front at the GS.

6. Re: grand sireis riviera maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:18