We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

The new reviews are saying that the Oasis Tulum has two sections. Oasis and Grand. When we booked there was no distinction. How do we know if we which side we will be in? We booked an ocean front room. The latest reviews are bad!

80 replies to this topic
Minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

We are wondering the same thing. Because of the price we paid for this vacation, I know we are at the Oasis and not the grand. People recommend upgrading, but at what cost? I guess we will decide when we arrive. Not too worried.

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

Our room was booked as "Grand Oceanfront" so I'm assuming that we'll be in the newer Grand side and have the entire property to use? It's difficult to understand what type of room we'll have. I'm hopeful we have an outdoor balcony overlooking the ocean? Either way we'll be enjoying the sunshire, the beach, some good drinks and lots of rest and relaxation. I'm not too worried either!

Orillia, ON
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

Okay...we are leaving tomorrow and I am terrified as a group of 6 I stuck my neck out for this one!!...and the latest reviews are nasty...I tried to change hotels today through our supplier no luck...can anyone comment if it is absolutely as terrible as everyone is reporting can we move to another hotel? We are going with Sunwing and was told by our Supplier that they Sunwing would do nothing predepature...any help from those out there that have had to switch hotels on vacation is appreciated...I only hope that I am wrong but again it is not looking good...we booked the Oasis side and the price has dropped drastically...

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

HolidaySeeker -

Read down a few more reviews and note that many have had a great time and enjoyed the place. I'm assuming you enjoy the company you're keeping, warm sunshine, beautiful ocean views and maybe some refreshing cocktails? If anything maybe see what the cost is to upgrade to the "Grand" side of the resort? I'll be anxious to hear your comments upon return. Relax and have fun....you're on vacation!!!

Southside, Alabama
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

I would not be that worried. Its a beautiful area and a great beach. If you have spent any time reviewing comments on sites like this you learn that you have to look at the total picture vs individual reviews. I saw those some reviews and discounted them immediately. Yes there will be issues with language. You should know that already. Yes they have spilt the resort. Again you should know that already. I booked the Oasis Garden View room for 2-2 to 2-10 based on the price and location. Given my expectations I will be shocked if we are not happy. We do an AI every February and find that we much more enjoy the smaller 3 to 4 star resort. Relax and focus on the positives- the food, the beach, the location and you will be happy. If you start focusing on the minor details you will unlikely to be happy at this resort. Again just from the tone of the 2 new reviews I imediately discounted them.

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

pugvol hit the nail on the head! Those are my sentiments exactly! Go and have a great time!

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

i plan on being there (garden view) the second week of February and have had some concern also. But, like stated above you have to take the good and bad. i think the sunshine will make all those little things seem not so important

Edited: 10 January 2013, 05:59
Ontario
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

We are booked in garden view second week of Feb too....here's hoping !!!!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

I'm also curious on to which side we will get, we booked an oceanfront room in late February, I'm hoping its on the grand side, but if not, I'm sure we will have a great time regardless!!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?

I'm anxious to hear from travelers that have stayed in the Grand section. It seems like the negative reviews come from the Oasis section? We're arriving, in the Grand section, on 2/22.

Reply to: Oasis Tulum or Grand Oasis Tulum?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted