We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

Thanks in advance for any response. I'm thinking of booking a condo for 9 days in Akumal. The last time we were in akumal (just for a couple days, and years ago) it didn't seem like there were many places to eat - and it seemed very dark at night. My question is this: would this be a good destination for a couple that wants to eat out at a different place every night - and eat good food? Or should we stick to Playa? I was also thinking about Puerto Morales - it looked like there were a lot of little tasty restaurants there. Our primary interests are: eating, yoga, snorkeling & running on the beach. Not interested in clubs, etc.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

Closest one (Half Moon Bay) , a few doors south of La Buena Vida , a fav. of mine

http://labuenavidarestaurant.com

Gynn Ak is a fusion style one (find her on Face book) and a few doors south on thye jungle side, famous fir her lion fish tacos

A little further north is La Lunita

Yoga, perhaps someone else will pipe in (perhaps Gynn Ak)

Also look at the Restaurant Top Question

When are you going

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

Hi, thanks for the info. March 12 - 21. So it sounds so far like there are 3 good places within walking distance?

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

We'll be there around the same time, most likely at a condo in half moon bay. Me, my two sisters and my 20 something niece and nephew ..... can't wait ...... We'll be exploring the local restaurants as well ..........

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

All the restaurants by the arch in Akumal Bay , another five or so , are an easy walk from Vista Del Mar as long as you bring a flashlight to walk on the very lightly used but poorly lit road at night . It's a very pleasant , safe and quiet stroll after supper . If you have mobility issues the walk might get tiresome but for most people the evening walk is a pleasant way to end the day .

The road/beach run from halfmoon to Akumal Bay and then on past ABR as far as you want to run on the beach or little used roads between beach and the highway out that way .

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

Thank you! when we were there before we didn't have a flashlight and we pretty much stuck at the bungalows by the arch - which we loved - but for 9 days that could get a little boring.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

We are still deciding between playa & PM & akumal - a lot of it depends on finding a condo - we are starting our search late!

california
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

Just returned from a weeks stay at a condo on HMB, fabulous. There are lots of places to eat within walking distance. We loved la buena vida, their fish in butter and garlic is amazing. We had breakfast twice at turtle bay cafe, very good, and their menu for lunch and dinner looks great. There is a yoga studio located on the top floor of the white building just inside the arch. They had two great looking classes I wanted to take, but never made it. If you have a hard time finding it, the Buddha Spa will direct you. They will also give you a schedule, or if you find the class there are printed schedules outside. Have fun, it is truly amazing:)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,533 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

thanks Sophie - I am glad you had a great time - where did you stay

I heard of the Yoga studio in Akumal - no reports yet - not a Yogi myself

california
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

I stayed at Playa Blanca # 3, lower unit sliding doors open to the sand, simply amazing and relaxing. It's only a few doors down from Vista Del Mar. You are going to love it. HMB is a great place to stay because its quiet. Akumal bay and the lagoon, as well as restraints and shopping are all walking distance. We had a car because we wanted to go to Tulum. Went twice, once for the ruins and once just to check out the area. Very laid back, cool and funky.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants and yoga within walking distance of vista del ma

We decided on Playa this time, with a few day trips to akumal/tulum/PM. Hubby wants to do hot yoga. Thanks for the info - hopefully next year it will be Akumal...