We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

We are considering going by taxi to the ruins as we not so keen on organised tours. Has anyone any ideas of the cost and rough time saved rather than a coach tour? I guess we would miss out on the guides though. Any comments welcome please.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

Are you Dreamdays of the limousine service by any chance as just googled your suggestion above re car and driver hire and got same name??

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

I work in dreamdays, and I live in Cancun ........., so I suggest to people things I know ... Is coincident you found us on google, you are absolutely free to look into other agencies ... I just helped with information and services available in Cancun and Riviera Maya

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

Ok so how much would a trip to Chichen Itza be for of us from GBP say mid Feb sometime. We do like to do things in the fast lane so not slow coaches re time needed at sites. We may be able to see if there is another couple who would like to join us for the trip.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

To rent Escalade is $550 for 12 hours, and it has 7 seats, so if you share cost between 4 participantes then is $137 and you can see all in one day, Tuluum, Chichent-Itza, Coba .. or other places thet you like to see, you get Escalade for 12 hours and tell driver where to go

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

To rent Escalade is $550 for 12 hours

Is that wilth full insurance?

What would it be in pesos?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,663 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

I think this includes a personal driver.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

It has all insurances and all licences and permissions required by Mexico Law, And of course it includes driver. In pesos is exchange rate of the day, see www.xe.com for calculating it in other currencies

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,006 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

Also search this forum for "private driver" or similar to see if anyone with a taxi VAN is available.

I would not use a high priced service to see Tulum since it is so close. Maybe not even Coba since there are buses going there.

But Chichen Itza, Ek Balam and cenotes like Ik Kil and Dzitnup...sure.

My suggestion, time permitting, is leave early. 600 AM if possible. Go to C.Itza.

You may beat much of the tour bus crowd. Then on to Ik Kil cenote, hopefully still beating most of the tour bus crowds.

Finally Ek Balam ruins. Then back to your hotel.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

CO_Pilot54, They asked about luxury car because they wanted avoid being scrambled, so I did suggested them Escalade, also Honda Odyssey is very roomy, soft ride, leather seats, and is $340 for 12 hours service, if devided on 4 participants is only $85 per person, and same day is posible to visit much places, "tours" would not allow you to. just as car hire + driver service will let to see as much.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Would a taxi be better to Chichen Itza from Gran Bahaia Prin

CO_Pilot54 I like the sound of your itinerary as we are out there for a month so plenty of time to do the local trips independently. DreamDays I will see if anyone wishes to share the cost with us for the full day trip as CO_Pilot54 suggests. Many thanks all for ideas and guidance.