We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Oasis Tulum

4 posts
Save Topic
Grand Oasis Tulum

We have booked oceanfront rooms at the Grand section of the resort for March. Can anyone give a specific review for the Grand side? I have contacted the resort to attempt to confirm that we are indeed in the Grand section. Our confirmation through Bookit.com states that we are. Oasis Tulum says they cannot access that information, even with a hotel confirmation number. Is this a red flag? Has anyone paid for the Grand, then been placed on the Oasis side? I have been following all reviews and threads.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

I've been reading all reviews as well and the only one lately that was positive was indeed on the Grand side. I wish people would post about their experience on the Grand side. I sure hope it was worth the upgrade!

Iowa
Level Contributor
294 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

Here's my deal...I'm second guessing exactly where we'll be situated in this resort. We booked on 12/6/12, through Funjet and paid for an upgrade at that time to: Oasis Tulum - All Inclusive "Grand Oceanfront". I realized at the time the resort was under construction and the Grand side not open yet, and so now I'm wondering if we'll be in the Grand side at all?? Was there a "Grand" side when it was just the Oasis Tulum or are we indeed heading to the newer "Grand" section of this hotel??

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

Cyguy is there anybody you can call? There was no Grand side in December. It opened in January. Our ticket orginally said, Oasis Tulum, Ocean Front.....now it says UPGRADED TO THE OASIS GRAND TULUM OCEAN VIEW ROOM

Iowa
Level Contributor
294 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

I tried Funjet and they were no help! The fact that it says "Grand" Oceanfront gives me some hope and a "leg to stand on" once I'm there negotiating!

We knew in Dec., when we booked, that the Grand side was under construction but would be available in Feb. (our travel time) so we paid for the upgrade to "Grand Oceanfront" and fully expect to be in the new side of the resort...I hope we're not disappointed.

Iowa
Level Contributor
294 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

I've noticed on the travel websites the term now is "Grand Oceanview" (Like you have Angel_eh) NOT "Grand Oceanfront" like on my Funjet confirmation. This is what has prompted me to look into it further and I will get it figured out before we take off.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

I think the fact that you have Grand on your reservation you should be safe. My agent told me that waterfront was not available but if something opens up....they will move us. Not sure if that's a load of bs.....but I'm happy to have the word Grand and oceanview!

Iowa
Level Contributor
294 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

Yes, having "Grand" and "Oceanfront" all in the same reservation makes me feel a bit better and hopefully increases my chances of winning an arguement...lol. I've called and emailed funjet to assist me in my diagnosis but so far they have not replied. If we're anywhere on the "Grand" side, I'm confident we'll make the most of our vacation. Good luck to all concerned!

Bowmanville, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

i just came back from the grand oasis tulum, i stayed in room 2103 and my friend stayed at 2102, amazing rooms, big window opens up to the sand and ocean.

Ask for the ground floor if you want to walk right out, second and third floor have great views but no balcony, there r hotel employees coming around all the time with food and drinks, make sure you get a gold, or elite bracelet.

Also there are jacuzzi tubs right in front of the window.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

Derrick, how do you get a gold or elite bracelet......I hope it's not more money!

Bowmanville, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Oasis Tulum

if you are in those rooms you will have access to everything,

email me, dnd748@rogers.com