We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location to Grand Palladium

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Location to Grand Palladium

How far is Akumal bay from the GP? Can you walk it via the beach? Just for some snorkeling.

Is there a shuttle offered to Playa? How long does it take to get to Playa?

Is it approx 1 hour from the airport via private xfer?

Is there a daily fee for the safe?

Thx ~~ 12 days and counting

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
574 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location to Grand Palladium

To far to walk to Akumal

Colectivo is just 10 minutes to get there to Akumal

25 peso each

Colectivo to playa del Carmen is about 15 minutes

30 peso each

Private transfer took us 1hour 15 minutes

Safes are free at the resort

Four digit number lock

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,947 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Location to Grand Palladium

Great answers from Rudi

No, you cannot walk the beach to Akumal

Some large lagoons that cannot be navigated

If you decide to get a taxi from the Palladium, do NOT do this in the resort as you pay a premium

Go outside by the hwy where there are colectivos (small white van/buses )and taxis. If a taxi asks you where to go, tell the driver, no you are waiting for a colectivo to Akumal

They will lower their prices , hopefully to 200 pesos each way

Oh, also pay only in pesos so you don't lose a 25-30% exchange rate loss

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location to Grand Palladium

Well - in my numerous visits I've yet to take a colectivo. Seems I should do this if I venture out - always wanted to.

So - how far a walk is the hwy? Do they tell me the cost? (I don't speak Spanish either).

When I return - do I tell the driver where I'd like to get out?

I must find my pesos I have around the house -

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location to Grand Palladium

Hi Zeeka. We've traveled by colectivo a number of times and have always had positive experiences. It seems like at the Palladium we won't have the long walk out to the hwy like we did staying in Akumal. I think you'll enjoy Akumal, especially if you're going there for snorkeling. Maybe my wife and I will meet you there as we get to GP a couple of days before you for two weeks at Colonial. Glen

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location to Grand Palladium

I've read so much about the sea creatures at the Bay. So I'm pondering on a visit if I feel like Venturing out.

Ill be rolling into the resort on the 9th. On the 10th I'll probably find a place to sun and relax for a bit. Probably be strolling around the whole place too - checking out every lounging area ;-) beach and pool.

6. Re: Location to Grand Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 05:17