We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotel in Akumal

colorado
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
New hotel in Akumal

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how long it will take for the construction on the new Secrets that will be built between the ABR and HAC? Want to take our family (including granchildren) for a vacation--but don't want noisy, dirty construction to deal with. It has always seemed to me that building projects in Mexico take quite a while to complete. Also, does anyone have an idea of when actual demolition will take place of some of the existing ABR buildings?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,417 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New hotel in Akumal

Rumour is a SECRET - we will see

Demolation has not started

for those not knowing - the empty land between ABR and Hotel Akumal Caribe, including the old portion of ABR is being redeveloped

colorado
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New hotel in Akumal

Well-when is the construction to begin and end? We have not finalized plans yet and I would really like to know so we are not in the middle of a building project. Does anyone know???

Akumal, Mexico
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New hotel in Akumal

I have heard that the building is due to start in 2 weeks (end of Feb). Nothing has been published, so I don't have any hard facts, but is the word here in Akumal at the moment.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New hotel in Akumal

Posting on LocoGringo today says that construction is supposed to start in two weeks and the proposed opening of the Secrets is December 2014. They also have a map outlining the scope of the property that was purchased. Hard to believe.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New hotel in Akumal

Inevitable and disappointing.

6. Re: New hotel in Akumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 07:15