We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

Ok, so iced coffees in the morning...yummy (so happy about that)...but for alcohol, I always have a hard time with this. I don't like beer at all, nor wine. I find that having the menu with photos helpful, but I'm guessing there is no colorful drink menu here haha. Perhaps I am wrong.

Do they make all the old standbys, the mango tangoes, the chocolate monkeys, the tequila sunriser? Is there something special they serve, a signature drink perhaps? (El Dorado resorts signature El Dorado...yum)

Only 19 more sleeps, so excited to hit that beautiful beach again, and actually be able to stay there, instead of just vitit for the day!

-Surf:)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

dirty monkeys, mango margs, mayan coffee, mojitos, sunrises.

Ask Wilbert to show you the Special Drink Menu - tell him Glen says its ok

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,373 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

Wilbert makes a mean rum punch - and he makes the BEST margaritas!

How long will you be there? We arrive on 4/16.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,373 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

Oh - and you might want to bring a small insulated cup, they have teeny-tiny little glasses and your drink will get warm really quickly! Even just for ice water or coffee, it's nice to keep your drink fresh.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

OK Van, the special drinks menu....sounds ominous but I'll go with it....

Funny story...as an admin person with a commercial fishing company, the fleet manager once sent me to the local hardware store to ask for a "bung plug". (it's a boat thing, apparently) And I very innocently did. As the words were coming out of my mouth to the 2 fellows behind the counter, I was horrified by their hilariously slow responses with huge smiles on their faces when they asked me to repeat what I wanted and as I was repeating it, it hit me what that sounded like, my face turned beet red and I don't think I have ever, ever been so embarrased in all my life. I have sincce been wary of people asking me to ask for certain things LOLLOL. I freaking killed that guy when I got back to work.

Anyway, talk about off topic...sandinmypants we are 8 crazy ladies who will be landing on the 7th, but sadly, gone on the 14th. Maybe next time. I'll try to save you some fancy drinks :)

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

Hey 2weeks - my wife isn't a big beer drinker either (and she is also not a fan of drinks that are too sweet). Her three favourites were probably the mojitos (I thought they were fantastic as well), a Banana Mamma, and a Frozen Sexy Frog. I couldn't tell you what all goes in those but they were good!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

Yes, banana Mama's, I remember them now from another resort once. They were pretty good! Thanks!

And a frozen sexy frog.....def gotta try that one!

-Surf:)

Canal Fulton, Ohio
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

Bump

8. Re: What to drink at Akumal Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:19