We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

Will arrive on Sunday,so no time to ship any reef friendly sunblock to my home before we leave. Where in Akumal can I buy some? Dive shop/CEA/ ABR or one of the local grocery type stores. I realize I will be paying premium for it since I waited too long. We are on an Apple Vacation Plan so are not using USA transfers to get to ABR so I can't have it waiting for me thru them.

Thanks all!

Creighton...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

We did not use USA transfers to get to the resort, and we ordered our sunblock from them and it was delivery to the check in lobby at GBP Coba.

You can order and they will deliver.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,505 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

i will check with CEA and let you know

Canal Fulton, Ohio
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

Good to know about USA transfers. Vancouver, you have been very helpful while I have been planning our trip. Thank you very much for you assistance!

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

Seems like I saw "reef safe" sunscreen for sale at several places in and around Akumal last week. The dive shop for sure, also the store next to the CEA.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

Because the "reef safe" sunscreens are also "people safe" I recommend you check at health food stores. My local (chain) store had several types of three or four brands. The prices were reasonable.

6. Re: Where in Akumal can I buy reef friendly sunblock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:17